Chapter 12: My lady

A/n: so I know my chapters r rlly short so I wrote this long chapter and hope y'all enjoy this chapter. I also finally figured out why my gifs weren't working (≧▽≦). And I also changed the element spirit to star ik so creative but I just can't think of a good name rn so it's gonna be star.

First place I went to look for the knight was back at the Wisteria tree. I made my way down the long hallways and into the garden. To my surprise he was actually there, at the same spot looking up to the sky with the same look in his eyes. Suddenly I just couldn't bring myself over there and talk to him. But at the same time I want to pull him out of his sorrow and help him.

So I gather up my courage and walked towards him. As I was making my way to him, I tripped....... F@#$& MY LUCK!!! This is so embarrassing, this is so so embarrassing.

"Princess?"

Ack...I couldn't bring my self to face the knight, should I just pretend I'm dead? I lay still on the ground and pretended to have died.

"Pfft"

*flinch* is he laughting at me? Out of anger I suddenly look up and I was ready to fight him when he bursted out laughing.

"HAHAHA!! Princess what are you doing?" he asked while wiping his imaginary tear off his eyes. My face turned redder than a tomato, if that was even possible.

"I-i-i w-wa-nted to bE YOUR FRIEND!" ah this is so embarrassing I stuttered so much at the beginning and ended up yelling at the end. I bet the whole entire castle heard me.

*sign*

This is the worst day of my life. I was so flustered that i didn't even think about what I said and now I realize what I said was really inappropriate. As it was unmannerly to speak to someone else's personal knights like that. Then when I was about to apologize for my rudeness.

"Really princess, Im honored."

Ah his smile is really blinding. I think I'm legally blind now.

helphelphelphelphelp a/n: me having a break down at 3 am writing this chapter

He then proceeded to help me off the ground and patted off the dirt on my dress.

"thank you" i replied quietly.

"Your welcome my lady."

"I am Victor Wilfred Waltson my lady may the gods and goddesses bless be upon us." Then he kissed the back of my hand. When a knight does this it means they recognized you as their master/lady. But isn't he papa's knight? As if he could read my mind he answered.

"He won't mind." woah he didn't even address papa as his majesty. What's his relationship with papa? Seeing I wasn't fully convinced Victor took me to ask papa.

"Papa! I'm back!" I yelled as I ran up to him.

"How many times do I have to tell you, don't run."

"Hehe sorry papa!"

"Your majesty, I came here to request something" when papa saw victor he turned back to his cold emotionless self.

"Say it"

"Your majesty please allow me to become the personal knight of the princess"

"Lili what do you think." When papa suddenly turned to ask me I was surprised so I didn't reply immediately.

"Oh uh Lili go with whatever papa wants." I said as I smiled brightly.

"Okay victor tell me why should I appoint you as her PERSONAL guard."

"Replying your majesty, I can protect the princess immediately when she's in danger and I will loyally stay by her side."

"Hmm. Make no mistake." Does that mean papa agreed? Then victors next sentence made it clear.

"This humble servant thank your majesty for his grace." So now I have a personal knight. But when papa wasn't here he addressed papa so casually and now he's so polite. I kept thinking about it while walking back to my room.

Seeing the confusion on my face victor asked me what's wrong.

"How come you addressed papa so casually with me but polite when talking to papa?"

"Haha princess the relationship with me and your papa is really complicated."
When he said that pain appeared in his eyes but it disappeared as fast as it came. Then I knew not to ask more. After a long awkward silence, victor asked if I want to take a walk in the garden and I said yes.

"Princess are you excited for the ball?"

"Yes! Papas going to escort me!"

"Really? That surprising he usually hate stuff like this." Victor whispered the last part so Lilith didn't hear it.

"What?"

"Oh nothing princess" victor said as he smiled.

"But princess did you know that the mana test is going to be happening at the ball too?"

"What!? Isn't it supposed to be happening on June 16th."
A/n: it's like May or something in the story.

"Didn't princess hear the date got pushed early because something happened to the spirit tower."

"Oh." Then we continue the walk talking about stuff. And soon it was time for me to prepare for bed. When I went to bed that night a lot of questions were on my mind. But I got to sleep to prepare for some studying tomorrow as I need to learn more about mana and the spirit tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: phew this was a pretty long chapter but here's what victor looks like. His eyes r grey to gold and his hair lean more to the color black.