Creating a Celebration

"It says that Khaldoun used to have a Unity Day, everyone would gather around and celebrate each other," Maya says reading from a book about her country.

"I wonder why they stopped," Jun says.

"What does it say about Hakalo celebrations Amber?" Sofia asks her sister who is deep in the Hakalo book.

"It says that people in Hakalo celebrate their ancestry with a special dance," Amber turns the book to the other three girls.

"It looks like the way to say goodbye in Hakalo," Sofia starts to dance.

"What else do they do?" Maya asks.

"They also have lu'aus," Sofia says.

"What are lu'aus?" Jun asks.

"A lu'au is a big celebration that kinda combines a ball and a feast, they are usually celebrated when something big happens, like an achievement," Amber says reading from the book.

"I like that idea, what if we bring back Unity day and make it a lu'au?" Maya suggests.

"Great idea," Sofia agrees.

"Let's get started!" Amber says ecstatic.

"But where do we start?" Jun says.

"I remember when my family went to Hakalo and they had a lu'au after our friend Lani succeeded in a really hard test, the food was native to their kingdom. Do you have any foods native to Khaldoun?" Sofia asks.

"We have this dish called "Rozz Me'ammar".

"What is it?" Jun asks.

"It's rice, milk, butter or cream, and chicken broth. It is cooked in the oven and usually served at an occasion or family gathering."

"Sounds perfect, Unity Day will be a special occasion," Sofia says.

"I just wish I could get my dad to listen," Maya says.

"I know," Sofia puts her hand on her friend's shoulder.