Jun Talks to Her Dad

In Wei-Ling the invitation arrives and is given to Emperor Quon.

"What's that Father?" Jun asks as if she doesn't know what is going on.

"Khaldoun has invited us to a party," the Emperor responds.

"Father, it wouldn't be right to not accept the invitation, it would be  very bad for our friendship with Khaldoun," Jun says.

"We are at war with Khaldoun Jun, I refuse to accept the invitation," Emperor Quon responds to his daughter.

"But father, I might lose my friends," Jun starts to cry.

"I'm sorry Jun, but Wei-Ling does not negotiate with the enemy."

Out of respect for her father Jun doesn't say anything but bows and walks to her room.

"Jun?" Empress Lin-lin asks as she parts the door to her room.

"Yes Mother," Jun says as she wipes a tear from her eye.

"Let me guess, your father didn't listen to you," the Empress sits on the mat that is her daughter's bed.

"Correct," Jun says to her mother.

"You know how stubborn your father can be, how about we talk to him together?" The Empress says.

"Okay," Jun agrees.

"Quon, we need to talk," the Empress says to her husband.

"What do you need?"

"We have to go to the party," the Empress says.

"Lin-lin, we are at war with Khaldoun, you know this," Quon argues.

"But this was sent by Princess Maya, you can't say no to an innocent child," the Empress responds.

"She is the Princess of Khaldoun, which makes her the enemy."

"Your Majesties Princess Sofia of Enchancia is at the archway," a guard says.

"I'll go meet her," Jun tells her parents.

"Thank you child," the Empress says to her daughter.

"Sofia, what are you doing here?" Jun asks her friend who is getting off of Minimus.

"I came to see how the conversation with your dad went, it took me, Amber, and my mom to convince my dad to accept the invite from Khaldoun."

"My mom is trying to convince my dad, but he is very stubborn," Jun sighs.

"Maybe there is something from your culture to convince your dad," Sofia suggests.

"Actually, Wei-Ling makes allies to help benefit themselves," Jun says.

"That sounds kind of selfish," Sofia says.

"Actually it is beneficial for both sides, we trade with other kingdoms and they trade with us," Jun explains.

"Maybe we can convince him that no longer being allies with Khaldoun might hurt your kingdom."

"That's a great idea Sofia," Jun says.

"Let's go talk to him," Sofia says as they walk into Jun's palace.

"Father?" Jun asks as he still looks at the invitation from Khaldoun.

"Yes Jun," Emperor Quon says to his daughter.

"Father, we have to go to Khaldoun, if we don't we will loose something very important."

"And what would that be my daughter?"

"Khaldoun cotton," Jun says stepping forward a little bit.

"Khaldoun cotton? What would we need that for?"

"The flags Father," Jun points to one of the flags behind her, "We have traded with Khaldoun for centuries and it never changed. You always told me to honor our ancestors, but how can I do that if you don't do that yourself?"

Jun and Sofia bow and start to walk out of the room.

"Jun, wait," Emperor Quon calls out to his daughter.

"Yes Father?" Jun asks as she and Sofia turn around.

"You make a valid point, I would like you to take our response to Khaldoun," the Emperor says handing his daughter a piece of paper.

"Are you sure Father?" Jun asks accepting the piece of paper.

"Yes, if a member of the royal family takes it to them it will show that we want peace. I shall stay here and gather all the citizens that have come here from Khaldoun."

"Okay Father," Jun says as she and Sofia bow and walk out to the front of the palace.

"See that, it just took one parent to help us make a difference," Sofia smiles as she mounts Minimus.

"Are you coming with me Sofia?" Jun asks.

"I have to ask my dad if he is going to invite the citizens that came from Khaldoun to this lu'au also," Sofia says.

"Okay, I'll see you there," Jun says getting into her coach.

"Please take Jun to Khaldoun," the Emperor says to the coachman.

The coachman nods as both princesses leave to their destinations.