Married

In this one-shot Nova and Adrian are married and the Renegades know about Nova being Nightmare and Adrian being the Sentinel. This story takes place 6 years after Archenemies. Enjoy!

It was a Saturday and Nova was cleaning out her office desk. She and Adrian had been married a full year and to Nova it had been nothing but bliss. When she had revealed her identity at first everyone planned to arrest her and neutralize her. Adrian was furious with her because of Max but once her full no details missing origin story was revealed she was released. Max had then told everyone what had really happened the night she took the helmet and Adrian forgave her and now here they were.
As Nova was lifting a glass box she saw a certain box. She gasped dropping the glass making it shatter at her feet. The door swung open and revealed Adrian full of panic.
"Nova what happened?" He asked quickly coming to stand in front of being careful of the glass. Nova didn't say a word and just grabbed the box and sat down on a couch Adrian sitting next to her.
Nova carefully opened the box and saw something she hadn't seen in years. It had her Nightmare uniform, her mask, some of her old weapons like her bazooka gun, and a little fraction of Ace's helmet. Nova started sobbing remembering how Ace and all the other anarchists had died. She didn't have her family anymore.
"Hey shhh. It's okay." Adrian said rubbing her back trying to soothe her. Nova had leaned against Adrian setting her head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around her.
"They're all gone." She whimpered.
"It's okay. You still have me." He said kissing her forehead. She smiled weakly.
"I know. Promise you'll never leave."
"I promise." He kissed her cheek and rubbed her back. Just then the doorbell rang. Adrian got up squeezed Nova's hand before he left to answer it. Nova started picking up the glass left on the floor before setting the box on the desk. When she finished she went to the kitchen to see Max, Simon, and Hugh all sitting at the counter talking to Adrian.
"Oh! Hey Nova!" Max said enthusiastically.
"Hey Max." After years of studies some Renegades had found out that Max can control his powers but it takes training. For 2 years he trained to control his power and lucky enough he could. After he could successfully control his power he became a detective for the Renegades. "How's business going?"
"Good. How's it living with this idiot?" Max asked referring to Adrian.
"Hey!" Adrian yelled.
"He's okay. Can be an idiot sometimes but he's worth it."
"You people." Adrian rolled his eyes.
"Well looks like everything is working out fine." Hugh said.
"Im not trying to be rude when asking this but why are you here?" Nova asked them.
"Dinner of course. I remember someone talking about lumpia once." Simon said.
"I'll make it." Nova started getting ingredients for the lumpia. "How do you remember this?"
"We were making pasta for a guest Max brought over for us 2 days ago. I remembered our conversation."
"Oh. Max who is the lucky girl?" Nova teased.
"Her name is Maria. She also works as a detective for the Renegades." He muttered.
"Well I would love to meet her. You should invite her over to our place sometime. Or we could go to yours." Max was living with Hugh and Simon since he wasn't old enough to live on his own.
"Sure. Like I would willingly try to embarrass myself." Max commented.
"Don't worry about it. When I was at Adrian's house he was embarrassed plenty. You can't be more embarrassed that he was."
"I am right here!" Adrian yelled.
"Oh I know." Nova said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
"Whatever. Let me help." Adrian got up and helped make the lumpia.

Time Skip

Everyone was at the dinner table eating and talking when Simon mentioned something.
"You know we are hosting another gala."
"Oh really. We haven't had one since 6 years ago." Nova said. The last gala they had was when she was discovered to be Nightmare. She wasn't sure she would go.
"Oh yes. We have pulled in several sponsors and it will be quite fun. I think your whole team is going." Despite everything that had happened the team stayed together.
"That sounds fun. Want to go?" Adrian turned to Nova asking this.
"I'm not sure. When is it?"
"Next Friday."
"Oh I um, think I have something to do that night." Nova rubbed the back of her neck.
"No I thought you were free that night." Adrian raised an eyebrow at her.
"I think I made plans." Adrian then realized why Nova wasn't going.
"Don't worry. Everyone has forgiven you for being Nightmare. No one hates you. All the younger Renegades look up to you."
"Maybe I'll go." Nova started wondering if she should go or not.

Ok I hope you liked this chapter. Comment if you want there to be another gala and Nova arrives. Other suggestions will be appreciated as well. Bye!