One identity down. One more to go.

Adrian found her. He finally found Nightmare. And now he was chasing her. Through the streets, through the woods, and on top of rooftops. He could barely keep up but his determination kept him going. The thought of Max lying unconscious in the hospital with a 50% chance of making it stayed in his mind.
Nightmare turned to face him. In the split second she did that Adrian could see something in her eyes. Fear? Regret? Guilt? Whatever it was he didn't see it long enough before she turned back and ran again. Adrian knew he couldn't keep this up and he had to stop or slow her down. He raised his arm and shot her with the energy beam. Nightmare fell to the ground. Adrian raised his gun. He remembered when Nova had tried to teach him to shoot he was completely distracted by her presence and couldn't do it. But Nova wasn't here. She was gone.
Adrian raised the gun. Relaxed. Set up his stance. Focused on his target. And pulled the trigger. The bullet hit her in the chest. A scream. As soon as Adrian heard it, he dropped the gun. He knew that scream.
Adrian ran to Nightmare. Her mask was off. And there, lied Nova. Gripping her chest as blood seeped out of the bullet wound. Adrian fell down crying.
"Nova.... I'm so sorry... You're going to be okay." He whispered removing her hand from her chest. He saw the wound. It was deep but it could be healed. He was about to pick her up when a hand gripped his arm.
"It's okay. Just let me die." Nova whispered. Her grip was strong but her voice was weak.
"No you're going to be okay." Adrian lifted her off the ground and used the springs on his feet to launch him in the air and made his way to HQ.

Adrian burst through the door startling his fathers that were discussing something.
"Adrian what's going on and why are you covered in blood?" Simon asked.
"It isn't mine Pops. Get the healers!" Adrian shouted. Nova's skin kept getting folding as she lost more blood.
"Is that...?" High couldn't finish his sentence.
"Nova is Nightmare but I need her to be okay." Adrian's tears started flowing again. High and Simon nodded and they got Nova to the healers. As she was taken in Adrian started crying again. Why does it have to be Nova?

Ok Part 2 coming soon! I'm sorry for not posting but a lot is going on even though it is summer. Comment when you start school. I start the 14 of August which is pretty stupid and early. What do you think. Anyway hope you enjoy and I'll update soon. Don't forgot to make suggestions!