Married Part 2

This is part 2 to the chapter Married. I hope you like!

"Nova? Are you ok?" Adrian asked as he walked into their bedroom.
"Yeah, just thinking." She was sitting in the edge of the bed holding the piece of Ace's helmet she had found before Hugh, Simon, and Max had arrived.
"About the gala?" Nova nodded. "You have nothing to worry about. All of our identities have been revealed. Nothing bad will happen to you."
"I know. It's just, that night they all died. All of my family." Tears started brimming in Nova's eyes as she remembered holding Ace's body as he died. His cold skin, his empty eyes, and his last words, 'I love you, my little Nightmare.'
"It's okay. Don't cry." Adrian hugged her and rubbed circles on her back whispering comforting things in her ear.
"We should go." Adrian parted from her and looked in her eyes.
"Are you sure?" He looked in Nova's eyes.
"Yes. Now I'm tired. Let's just go to bed." She gazed down at their intertwined hands. She squeezed his and then got up to grab her pajamas. Technically a sweatshirt and some shorts were considered her pajamas but other times she wore one of Adrian's shirts. Nova changed quickly then went straight to the bed without bothering to brush her teeth or hair. She was too tired. Adrian got in bed next to her and turned out the light on the bedside table.
"Goodnight Nova." Adrian leaned over and kissed Nova on the cheek. She smiled at his action.
"Night."

Time Skip to the gala

"Adrian! Hurry up or we'll be late!" Nova called. It was the day of the gala and Nova was waiting for Adrian by the front door. She was wearing a gorgeous black dress that was short in the front and had a long train in the back. To pull off the look she wore beautiful silver heels, silver earrings, A silver bracelet, and curled her hair that now went to mid back.
Nova's Outfit:

Nova started a tapping her foot on the floor as she waiting for Adrian

Nova started a tapping her foot on the floor as she waiting for Adrian. 'He sure takes his precious time.' She thought as she continued to get more annoyed.
"Adrian hurry up!"
"I'm coming!" He yelled as he made his way down the stairs. Adrian was wearing a simple tux that complemented his body.
"Finally. Now let's hurry up."
"Hey I had to make sure I looked perfect."
"Perfect my ass, now let's go!" Adrian chuckled and walked out the door to their car. They got in and drove to headquarters. At their arrival they made their way to the ballroom where the gala was being held. As they entered the room, Oscar and Ruby could be seen dancing widely.  Nova laughed at them. She looked around and noticed that Danna was talking to a girl at a table. It was probably Danna's girlfriend she had met 2 years back. Adrian and Nova walked to his dads that were talking with Tsunami.
"Adrian! There you are! What took you so long?" Hugh exclaimed when he saw the couple.
"He had to take extra time getting ready for lord knows why." Nova answered rolling her eyes. Simon chuckled at this.
"I'm glad you decided to come Nova, given what happened last time." Simon smiled at her.
"That was 6 years ago. Everything is different." She responded.
"Hey you want to say hi to the others?" Adrian whispered in her ear.
"Sure." The couple walked over to Ruby and Oscar who were still dancing.
"Adrian! You made it!" Oscar exclaimed patting Adrian on the back. Ruby laughed.
"Hey you two! How has it been?" Ruby hugged Nova.
"It's been great. But soon we will be back and on patrol." Nova responded.
"Yeah after moving things will be easier." Adrian hugged Nova's waist from behind.
"Right. Let's go see Danna and Lucy!" Ruby exclaimed grabbing Nova's hand.
"Is that the girl's name? I always forget."
"Yes it is." The girls walked over to the table while Adrian and Oscar talked for a little bit. "Danna!" Ruby hugged her friend tightly as she greeted her.
"Hey Ruby. How's living with Oscar?" She said. Oscar and Ruby had been living together alone for about a month now. Danna used to live with them before moving out.
"It's great, but I do miss you." Nova stayed quiet waiting for the two to finish talking.
"I miss you too. Lucy you remember Ruby right?" Danna turned to her girlfriend.
"I do. It's good to see you again!" Ruby and Lucy hugged and when they did Danna noticed her.
"Nova I'm so sorry I didn't see you!" Danna got up and hugged Nova right away!
"Girl it's ok. I'm short remember. Even in heels Ruby towers over me!" She laughed and they parted.
"Still, I should have seen you. By the way I don't think you've met Lucy."
"I haven't but I've heard a lot about her."
"Lucy this is Nova. She's on my patrol team and married to Adrian." Lucy waved a shy wave and Nova replied with a 'hi'.
"I'm need something to eat. Anyone want to come?" Nova said. Her gaze had caught on a certain poster that made her start to panic.
"I'll go. You two stay here." Danna said. Nova nodded and walked away from the table quickly as Danna followed in suite. Nova walked over to the door that led outside and quickly went through it. The cold breeze hit her and relief swelled through her. She let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. "Nova what's wrong? You said you wanted food. Not the outdoor breeze." Danna crossed her arms and looked at Nova with concern.
"I feel like I'm being judged. Because of what happened last time." Nova filled with her hands.
"No one is judging you. You need to be more confident. You are my best friend Nova. Now let's get you back out there." Nova nodded and followed Danna back inside, before walking over to Adrian.
"Hey you ok?" He asked her slipping his arm around her waist.
"Just Fine Adrian. Just fine."

Ok that was not very good but I had to update something. Please please please comment some ideas. I'm running out!