Cuts and Bruises

Adrian was walking to his house and it was late. He had been at HQ late to see Nova but she hadn't been there. He wondered where she was. Things with Nova had been going great and he always looked forward to seeing her.
As Adrian was walking he noticed a figure limping. Just then the figure dropped to the floor. Adrian walked closer and saw that the figure was short. He narrowed his eyes and walked closer. It was Nova!
Adrian ran towards her quickly and slightly used the springs on his feet to get there faster. When he got to her he saw she was covered in deep cuts and bruises.
"Nova...what happened?" He knelt down by her and noticed she was crying. Adrian reaches out to hug her and she fell onto his chest. Adrian took out his marker and drew a medical kit and a sink. He took a gauze and cleaned her wounds. "What happened?" Adrian asked once she stopped crying.
"I don't want to talk about it." She responded weakly. Adrian cleaned all of her wounds then drew stitches over them. He then looked at her face and saw a series of bruises there.
"Do you have makeup to cover those up?" He asked her. Nova shook her head. Adrian drew some makeup to cover up her bruises. "Here. Use this tomorrow so no one asks." She nodded and took the makeup. "Can you stand?" Nova tried standing but fell back down. So Adrian picked her up and carried her to his house. When he opened the door he heard his dads discussing something in the kitchen. Adrian walked in still holding Nova.
"Adrian! Where have you been?" Hugh yelled.
"Enough about that. Here put her on the couch." Adrian handed Hugh Nova who had passed out.
"Oh god! What happened?" Simon said surprised,
"She didn't say. Pops can you grab a towel and wet it with warm water." Simon nodded and grabbed it. Adrian walked to Nova and knelt beside her. She seemed so peaceful when she was sleeping but he knew what would happen next. She would have her nightmare and wake up screaming.
He wished he could help but he knew he couldn't. No matter what no one can forget seeing there parents shot before their eyes. He saw her eyelids twitching as she slept.
"Why is she doing that?" Simon asked behind him holding the wet cloth. Adrian took the cloth and set it in Nova's forehead.
"She doesn't sleep right? Well when she was in Max's quarantine she fell asleep and woke up screaming. I later found out she got her power because she saw her family murdered in front of her. Now every time she closes her eyes she hears the gun shots that killed her parents." Adrian said.
"Poor girl. That's why she's so defensive." Hugh said. 'What do we do know?" Adrian looked at Nova. These moments were the ones that Nova looked most vulnerable. When she can't do anything about what's going on around her. So much of their time spent together Nova is always so tense. The last time she was the most vulnerable was when she was telling him her origin story.
So much had happened between them and this was another. He looked at her for awhile. He knew her uncle's phone number didn't work and he couldn't take her home like this.
"Well keep her here. I can't take her home when she's unconscious. We could get a spare guest room ready."
"No. She won't no where she is. Your room will work. On your couch." Simon said. The couch. Their first kiss.
"That will work." Adrian bent down and scooped Nova's small body is his arms. She was very light. Lighter than he held her last at the carnival. He carried her down to his bedroom careful not to bump into the walls. He set her down on the couch and put s blanket on her. She started to stir but didn't wake up. Her arms jerked. Her nightmare was coming. He sighed only wishing he could help.

Ok that's is it for that chapter. Please comment suggestions because I'm running out of ideas. I don't know what else to do! Please vote for this chapter as well. Adios!