Chapter Seven - "Essay or poster?"

(written by MrsNiallHoran :3)

-- Niall's POV --

What?

Payne and I had something in common?

Well, wasn't that interesting. We'd had a lot of things in common back when we actually got along, but we'd both changed a lot since then. Our interests had changed and so had our group of friends - dramatically. I can't believe I was ever friends with that terrible human being. I don't know what I did to make him hate me, but I sure knew what he did.

Back in eighth grade - Ariana Lyzic. She had been a beauty. Tanned skin, dark mahogany hair swathed in braids, light golden eyes and an amazing smile. And her personality? Don't even get me started. I fell for that girl and I fell for her hard. Payne had been my best friend at the time, and I had talked to him so many times about how she was the most amazing girl to ever come into my life. She was my beloved girlfriend and he knew all about that. Then on mine and Ariana's six month anniversary, I go over to her house to surprise her with flowers and my guitar, ready to play and sing a song I wrote just for her, and what do I find? The girl I loved up in her room, locking lips with my so-called best friend, who was eagerly reciprocating. They both betrayed me, and though I haven't seen Ariana since the middle of eighth grade when she moved away, I still haven't forgiven her. And, as you can see, I haven't forgiven Payne either. He didn't even apologize.

And now we were forced to work on a project together. And it was a huge one, which accounted for a lot of our grade. Which meant a lot of work and a lot of time with that annoying bastard.

Mr. Darson sent us off with our partners to get started. Liam and I were sent out into the hallway, and I begrudingly followed him out of the room. Maybe I could make a break for it without getting caught. Or maybe I'd try to be civil. Yeah. I'd try. But one rude comment from Payne and I'll be back at his throat again.

"So what are we going to do? Essay or poster?" I asked, forcing myself not to tack on an insult.