Chapter Ten - "Let's sort things out."

(by butterfliess)

• Liam's POV •

I stared at Niall wide-eyed, only now realizing how great his voice was. I was sitting on the floor where the papers were, and invited him to sit.

He agreed and sat down, not looking up. "Hey, Niall," I begun. His eyes darted upwards. "You're a really good singer. You should audition for the X Factor, I bet you wouldn't get a single no." It was true. I doubt, if he ever auditioned, he'd get a no. "Your voice is- Don't think I'm weird or anything- a little angelic, to be honest."

...Why did I say that?

It was true, but I didn't need to say it out loud. He stared at me in awe, almost unable to speak. "Um.." He stammered. "Thanks...? But I'm not gonna audition. You're just being nice."

I almost forced him to make eye contact with me. 

"Listen, Niall... Let's sort things out."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I know we've been enemies, but I don't want to be enemies anymore. No matter how crazy I sound, I liked it when we were best friends. We've been at eachother's throats for nearly our whole lives. Isn't it time we stop that? I think so. I don't want to be enemies." 

He still stared, mouth agape. 

"Um..." He continued to stutter. "I don't really know what to say about that. Wouldn't it be weird to just randomly become friends?"

I shrugged. 

"Maybe, but I want to sort things out between us. To be honest, I don't like being mean to you. But... I have one question..." I paused, inhaling. 

He gestured for me to continue. "And what's that?"

I sighed.

"Am I really just a piece of trash to you?" 

I was actually quite sensitive, and begun to tear up. "I know I am a bit rude, but am I really trash? I didn't think I was that horrible. I know I've done something to make you hate me, and I have a feeling that I know what it is, but... I didn't know I was that much of a jerk." 

Tears started to roll down my cheeks. I shook my head and wiped them away.

"I'm sorry... This is stupid. I know you're just gonna pick on me for crying..."

He held up a hand.

"No, I'm not."