Scowls and Stable Boys

You had gotten back to your room and fell asleep, the night being surprisingly uneventful. Now, sunlight shone through a window by your bet, hitting your face in the right spot to make you stir.

Slowly you sat up and glanced around your room, waiting for your brain to start computing again. You stretched and let out a yawn as you stood up and walked towards the bathroom. You took a quick shower, blow-dried your hair, and changed into your uniform. Once again, you pulled your hair into a loose bun and walked back into your room, grabbing a pair of white flats that Florence had dropped off. Smoothing your skirt out one more time, you stepped into the hallway.

You quickly walked down the hallway and knocked on the princes door.

"Come in." You heard a muffled voice say, and you opened it and stepped inside.

"Ah, so she didn't forget her duties," Aiden said as he buttoned up light blue cotton shirt.

You shifted on your feet, staring at the ground, "Um, no...I didn't. I just was wondering where your equipment was."

You felt two hands rest on your shoulders and you turned around to see Connor smiling down at you, "How are you so awake this early in the morning?'

You raised your eyebrows, "I live in the village. I'm used to waking up early and helping my parents out."

Aiden cleared his throat, "Anyway. Our equipment's down in the laundry room. We wanted to make sure it was properly cleaned."

You nodded and turned to open the door.

"Oh, one more thing," Aiden called out, and you turned back to look at him, "Try a curtsy dear. Most of the maids here do them."

"Please (Y/n)?" Connor added, staring at you hopefully.

You bit the inside of your cheek and stared at them for a few moments before turning around and walking down the hallway to the laundry room. You opened the door and looked around a few seconds before locating a pile of clothes sitting on a counter. You stared at the two pairs of riding pants, belts, two helmets, and two pairs of ankle boots. It'd be difficult carrying them all up the stairs, even with them stacked on top of each other. Nevertheless, you stacked the boots on top of the clothing, fed your arms through the straps of the two helmets and picked the clothing up.

You struggled getting up the stairs and down the hall, but finally found yourself in front of the princes door. Having both you arms being used, you tapped the door with your foot and waited for one of the brothers to open it.

Connor opened the door and let out a laugh, "You actually managed to do it (Y/n)!"

You brushed past him and set the stuff down of the couch, "So you knew there would be that much stuff down there?" You asked coldly.

Aiden peeked out from the bedroom doorway, "You didn't know what we required in order to ride?"

You scoffed, "Of course not. I've never gotten on a horse in my entire life."

"Would you like that to change?" Connor was standing behind you again and you quickly stepped away and turned to him.

"No thank you. I'm your maid remember?"

You heard Aiden laugh from the other room and scowled. "Anyway, I'm going to go tell the stable boy to get your horses ready. Have fun... or fall off. Whatever causes you more pain."

You walked away, but Connor grabbed you by the waist, "Now (Y/n), that wasn't very nice was it?" He murmured.

You pulled at his arm, "Neither is laughing at people, or kidnapping for that matter."