The Danger of Food

The small number of books that had been on your shelves were now scattered on your floor, and the blue chair by the fireplace had been thrown to the ground. You paced both anxiously and angrily around the space by your bed.

What if they go back on their word? You thought. What if they do something to Reed? Who would even do that to a child! He's a child!

You stopped pacing and sat on your bed. No, they wouldn't. They said they wouldn't. Can I trust them? Should I trust them? You sighed heavily. You could probably go out to the stable to quell your fears, but what would happen if you did see Reeds.... Reeds.... You couldn't even think of it. You had barely met the boy, but he had instantly charmed you and it would shatter you to see anything happen to him.

You screamed out in frustration and fell back onto the bed before hearing your door open. You quickly sat up, hoping it was one of the twins for once, but instead you saw a wide grin and playful blue eyes.

"What do you want Micah?" You sighed as you fell back on the bed, instantly disappointed.

"Wow. Nice to see you too (Y/n). I didn't know I made you that angry." He replied as he gazed around the mess of your room. "Or did something else make you angry?"

You sighed again and covered your eyes with your arms, "Something else..."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"No."

He let out one of his signature laughs and sat on the bed next to you. "Come on, talk to Therapist Micah."

You snorted and glanced at him, "You? A therapist?"

He nodded.

"That's a funny joke Micah. Stick with pervy seamster. It fits you much better."

He raised his eyebrows, "Pervy? (Y/n), I'm hurt. I would never act like that."

You sat up, "Oh really? So, your powers of guessing women's undergarments are a gift from the heavens?"

He grinned and nodded eagerly.

"Oh shut up!" You exclaimed as you grabbed one of your pillows and threw it at him. He caught it swiftly before returning it back to you.

"I believe this is yours."

You half attempted a scowl, "Yes, it is." Grabbing the pillow, you put it back in its spot before drawing your knees up to your chest and hugging them.

"In all seriousness, what's wrong?" His blue eyes glinted in worry as he stared at you, waiting for an answer.

You glanced at him before turning your gaze to the wall, "Do you really want to know?" You mumbled.

"Yes. It seems like its really bothering you. You don't seem like the type to throw books and chairs (Y/n)."

You laughed, "No. I'm really not."

He shot up, "Bingo!"

You gave him a concerned look, "What? What is it?"

"You laughed!" He said as he clapped his hands. "I made (Y/n) laugh!"

You buried your face in your knees, ignoring his little dance of what you assumed was happiness.

He sat back down and rested his hand on your shoulder, "Okay, I'm sorry. Now I'll listen. Your laugh is just really contagious."

Your cheeks reddened, but you looked up at his waiting face. You let out a breath before explaining what had happened outside earlier.

"To Reed!?" Micah exclaimed, his eyes now filled with worry as well. You nodded, looking back at the wall.