Stability

You were tired when you finally arrived back in your room. Connor and Aiden had followed you silently the entire way back. Now, you sat on your bed tiredly, waiting for them to leave so you could finally go to sleep.

You sat there for a while. They never left. Aiden sat in the chair by the fire and Connor had pulled out a book and was skimming the pages.

"When are you guys leaving?" You asked as you yawned.

"Leaving?" Connor looked up from his book, "What do you mean leaving?'

You glanced at him tiredly, "Like go back to your rooms. Go to bed?"

Aiden turned to look at you and smiled, "We thought we'd sleep here tonight."

You raised your eyebrows, "Why? You have perfectly good beds in your own room."

Connor shut the book and placed it back on the shelf, "We'll sleep with you for now on. You might go out and try to meet him. You're also a very comfortable presence to have while we sleep."

You glanced at Connor and sighed loudly, "I wouldn't try anything with you two ready to kill him at a moment's notice."

Aidens eyes sparkled, "Even so, it's much more comfortable in your bed."

You rolled your eyes, "I need get ready for bed though. You'll need to leave the room."

Connor's eyes trailed down your body, "We can help you."

You wrapped your arms around you protectively, "No thank you."

Aiden stood up and smirked, "Why dear? It's not like we won't...see you after the masquerade."

Your face turned a deep shade of red, "A-Aiden that's not very-"

He placed a finger at your lips, "Calm down. We won't do anything drastic...yet."

Connor sighed and placed his chin on your shoulder from behind, "You're so shy dear."

You jumped, "For good reason!"

Aiden smiled and cupped your cheek, "You don't have to be shy around us though. We love you."

You felt fingers grab the end of your dress and you whirled around to see Connor smirking.

You slapped his hand away, "No!"

Aiden wrapped his arms around you and sighed into your ear, "Why not dear. It's only us. We won't hurt you."

Connor nodded as he grabbed the dress again. You tried to wiggle away but Aiden held on to you.

"Connor! I said no!" You stated as you tried to break free.

"But it's so fun watching you struggle (Y/n). Your helpless expressions are so-"

The door opened and in stepped a guard. Gratitude swelled inside you as Connor let go and turned his attention to them.

"What is it?" Connor asked angrily.

"S-Sir! You said to report any suspicious activity on Micah Odell. Guards on patrol just reported seeing him riding away from the castle on a horse. The horse was brown and he had a small bag attached to the saddle. He seemed as if he was running away. Should we pursue him?"

It took you a moment to process the information. Micah had left...He had left the palace? You slowly sank to the ground. Why?

Aiden glanced down at you before turning to the guard, "No. Leave him. He won't be a problem if he's leaving us. Return to your position."

The guard bowed silently and left the room.

Connor bent down in front of you, "(Y/n)...? Are you alright?"