Shock and Swords

You were tired. Unbelievably tired, even though your eyes were still closed. People were talking softly somewhere in the room. You slowly lifted your head up and looked at the pillow below you. You turned your head to see Connor and Aiden staring at you in both worry and anticipation.

"(Y/n)...How are you feeling?" Connor hesitantly asked as you stared at him.

You sat up and yawned, "Really tired."

"It's noon though." Aiden said with a laugh.

Your stomach growled, "Really? That explains why I'm hungry..."

Aiden stood up and smiled, "I'll go get you some soup then."

"O-Oh...Okay..." You said and he walked out of the room.

"What do you remember?" Connor asked softly as he sat down next to you.

You furrowed your brow, "A lot of crying...and Micah?" You looked at him sadly, "He really left didn't he?"

He nodded his head and pulled you into him, "I'm so sorry."

You sat there, numb. It still didn't feel real, like he'd come through the door any moment.

"(Y/n). We're worried." Connor whispered as he stroked your hair.

"About what?" You mumbled.

"You. When we found you on the floor...I thought that...well I don't know what I thought." His grip around you tightened protectively. "Something inside me shattered."

You looked up at him, confused, "Connor. You've never really cared about my feelings before, so why is that changing?"

He looked down at you, his cheeks a light pink, "I-I have cared about your feelings, but seeing you so distressed...Changed something. I'm not sure what it was but..."

You pulled away and looked at him. His face looked to be full of genuine worry, and you furrowed your brow. Did he actually mean it.

"Connor...You two have done so much that I don't think I-"

Connor cupped your cheek, "(Y/n). I am so so sorry about everything that's happened. I feel worse because your friend left. I don't expect your forgiveness, but please. My brother and I are both very sorry."

You analyzed his face, looking for any sort of indication that he was lying.

"Alright." You finally said and he sighed in relief.

"(Y/n)! I have your soup!" Aiden announced as he came through the door.

You took it from him, "Thank you, but why soup?"

Aiden sat down and smiled, "Isn't it a comfort food? It makes you feel better."

You said nothing as you stared down into the bowl. They were being really nice. It was weird...but you found some comfort it.

"What's wrong? Do you not like it?" Connor asked as he placed a hand on your leg.

"O-Oh! No. Its fine. I was thinking about how much you guys are being nice..." You trailed off, watching the steam coming off the soup.

"We're worried. We want you to be happy dear." Aiden spoke softly as he lifted the spoon from the bowl. You watched as he blew on it softly before raising it up to your lips. You didn't fight and let him feed you.

"Its good." You concluded as you swallowed it. Both twins smiled before Aiden filled the spoon again and fed you. Your mind drifted off, mechanically opening your mouth when the spoon was near without a second thought.