8- Who Is He?

💙Pattons POV💙
After Virgil left we didn't know how long he would be. Yeah we worry, more so now than before, but this is his best friend for crying out loud! We... Trust him? Kinda... Obviously we want to know where he's been for so long but we also don't want to overwhelm him. He'll be fine with Virge... Right? I don't want to think the worst of him, I really hope he's a good guy. I wish I'd gotten a chance to talk to him at dinner, maybe then I would have a better understanding of him. It could be his title that's making me a little wary. "Pat? Do you think we should check in on them?" Roman was sitting at the end of the bed and Logan was next to me. "Hmm? Oh, uh... How- what time is it?" I'd lost track of time while I was thinking. "2:14am" Logan checked his watch and leaned back onto some pillows. "I'll go see if he's okay." I say as I slide carefully off of the bed and onto the soft red carpet. I head towards the new room in the other half of the mindscape, passing Remus and Dee on the lounge watching a movie. Once I reach Mani's room I stop right before knocking on the door as I hear Virgils sweet laughter. A smile grows on my face and I lean on the wall just listening for a minute. After a minute or so I knock on the door. "who is it~" they both sing out. "it's Pat, I was just checking in..." I wait for a moment before the door is opened by Virgil looking rather cheery. "home time?" he smiles up at me and I nod. There's something weird about how he's standing. Unlike his usual slouch, he's standing up straight. I ignore it and lead him back to Romans room and we lay with the other two, putting aladdin on. Virgil falls asleep soon after so I start a conversation with the other two. "What do you think they were talking about?" Roman looks glad that I started the conversation.
"I don't know, but I don't trust him."
"Why not?" to my surprise, Logan answered before Roman had the chance.
"he looks familiar, don't you think?"
"we all look similar to Thomas, ofcourse he looks familiar!" I laugh a little at myself, not really seeing what they were talking about.
"we don't mean like that, Padre."
"Well... What are you suggesting?" they share a look of agreement before Logan answers.
"we mean from the day of the battle with Deceit... There was a boy." I remember that, but I don't remember what he looked like.
"Crimson smoke... Much darker than Romans preferred shade. He also has heterochromia, much like Virgil and the dark sides.... Have you looked Mani in the eyes?" I take a moment to think, stunned by what Logan and Roman were implying.
"No, not yet."
Logan taps his knee in thought.
"Virgil wears a contact to hide his green eye, perhaps Mani does too. If it is him, he'll have one dark red eye. I remember that much." Roman and I nodd and we talk about it for a little while longer before deciding that it would be best for us to sleep.

__________________________________________
Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've had a bit of writers block and i haven't really been feeling like myself lately... I'll try to get more done soon, I'm going on a bit of a trip in a few days though so I'll be a little busy. Sorry again! 💜