21- guess who~

tw: bit of violence, nightmare-ishy shiz, abandonment, if ive mised anything lemme know in the comments uwu

3rd person POV

Everything became still and uncomfortably quiet, the only sound that could be heard was the heavy breathing of the figure behind Virgil. It would be obvious to anyone that the other was leaning in so close that they were almost touching Virgil. 'so close...' Virgil swallowed dryly and attempted to relax his shoulders in hopes of seeming unbothered by their actions. This only made the other chuckle lowly and snake their hand around Virgil's throat, keeping the contact light but uncomfortable. "you're not real, you're just in my head." Virgil stated firmly, making the other frown. "oh?" Their hand suddenly disappeared as the room was enveloped in smoke. String like puffs of smoke floated in front of Virgil's eyes, showing some less than pleasant comments. 'dangerous.'  'monster.' 'abomination.' As the words floated past Virgil could hear the others' voices in his head. These were things that they had said about... the smoke cleared, changing the scenery to the riverside with the child form of Mani standing directly in front of Virgil, who was now standing. "you said you'd visit..." His voice was broken and hurt, echoing off of everything surrounding them. "y-you promised.." He hiccuped, balling his hands into fists, digging his nails into his palms. Blood red tears streamed from his eyes as he looked at Virgil, cracks beginning to form under his eyes. "why did you lie to me?" Virgil could almost hear his own heart breaking at seeing his friend like this. "i didn't lie-" He raised his hand to his mouth as the words flowed out, his voice sounded as if it were a child's... his hands.. He looked down at himself. Mani wasn't the only one back in his younger form.  "i swear i didn't lie to you Mani." He stepped closer, tripping on his own feet. "you did!" Mani cried, shaking uncontrollably as his body started to change, growing taller, darker even. Virgil stumbled back fearfully, but planted his feet, more concerned for his friend than his own safety. "Mani please-"  Manis voice grew distorted as a devilish smirk played on his lips."please," he repeated, tilting his head to the side allowing his red and black bangs to fall out of his eyes. Those same cold, and empty eyes. "... I begged for you to come back. You said we were friends forever.." Ye laughed quietly, sending shivers down the others spine. "You can't expect me to forgive you for this... For leaving me alone in the dark." He looked up, his eyes glowing fiery red as the tears dried. Everything that virgil remembered about the boy that was once his friend seemed to disappear, covered in a kind of corruption that made his blood run cold. "..Mani..." he whispered, feeling as though he had lost him forever. The only person that had stuck by him when others left... he broke him. "I-I'm sorry.." he croaked, earning a look of surprise from the now taller trait. Virgil sniffled and shakily wiped his eyes, all the while mani's expression once again turned sour. "Sorry doesn't fix this, Virgil. You lied. And now it's your turn to be alone." Virgil's eyes snapped back up to meet manis, filled with nothing but fear. "What do you mean?" Mani chuckled darkly and gave a small wave. "You'll see." He then disappeared once again, and the scenery around virgil faded so he was back in the living room with the others, still sleeping soundly. He clamped a hand over his mouth to keep a sob from escaping, not wanting to disturb the others. He heard the footsteps behind him, fading out as he turned to them, seeing who he once thought of as his friend leaving the room. He quietly got to his feet and followed him. 

~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry for taking so long, things have been a bit...yeah. i found out what was wrong with me so that's been getting a bit better, other things, not so much. the next chapter is definitely gonna be longer, I've planned it all out and ill probably be starting it tonight, i'll try to get it up this week, thanks for being so patient! this next part is kinda a vent, so you don't have to read it or anything, it's not important aha-

~~~~~~~~

tw: mention of relapse, anxiety, psychosomatic illness, etc.

okie so i kinda deal with my pain through humour so this is gonna be stupid-

ya girl isn't exactly in the best way right now, I've been to see a doctor and he thinks that what's been going on with me is just a psychosomatic illness caused by depression and anxiety, so I've started trying to fix it. things have sort of gotten worse  tho, i could barely get my ass out of bed this morning aha- but i did, and ended up having a really good shift at work, so there's that... i'm just a bit fucked up right now, but i'm trying to get better, i really am. i usually wouldn't even think about doing this but i can't really talk to anyone irl... if you've read this then like,,,, i'm sorry you took that time to read this aha- but thanks..

~some rando <3