9- Virgil?

Tw- physical harm mentions, mentions of events from previous book. Yeet

❤️Romans POV❤️
I woke up a little too early for my likings, but when I did I realised that Virgil was gone. He hasn't left like this for a while, so I feel its rather odd... I make my way out of my glorious room and towards the dark purple door just down the hall. Once I arrive there I knock twice and await for an answer, but nothing happens. "Virgil? Are you in there?" I lean slightly towards the door in the dark hall. Nothing happens, no response, no shuffling behind the door, just silence. I sigh and quietly open the door to see if he's okay. It's pitch black inside, empty... "Virgil?" terror grips at my words as I stare into the dark, searching for my emo nightmare. "Virgil!" I walk inside as my voice echoes off of the walls, this can't be real! Where is he? "Roman?" I spin around and see Virgil on the ground... With my blade in his torso. His eyes are filled with black, inky tears, just like that day. "No, Virgil! I'm so sorry! I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to-" I run over and scoop him up into my arms, hot tears running down my cheeks. "Why'd you do it? R-Ro... It hurts! Please... Please make it stop!"

I shoot upright in my bed. 'it was just a dream... Only a dream' I look beside me to see that Virgil, is in fact gone. Tears well up in my eyes as I pull my knees into my chest, trying to keep my sobs silent. 'please... Just be a dream! Wake up.' I get snapped out of my thoughts by the door opening. When I look up I see Virgil with a glass of water, looking tired. "You alright, Princey?" A sigh of relief escapes at the sight of him. I nod and open my arms for a hug. He smiles and wraps his arms around me as we lay back down, but there's something weird about his back.
"Virgil?"
"hmm?"
"Whats on your back?"
He tenses up and pulls away a little, shaking his head. I sigh and look down at the smaller trait with concern.
"are you okay? I'll settle for that for now." he smiles up at me and nods, moving further into my embrace. It's strange, when I first met Virgil I didn't even think we'd be friends. But now, I adore him, I love him with all my heart, and I would do anything to keep him safe.

__________________________________________
Sorry that this is short, I'm back from my little trip and I've planned out the next 2-3 chapters so they should be up soon! Okay I'm going to bed now, night. Btw I haven't spell checked yet

~some rando💜