🔘 Chapter 9: The Prince Charming

※This is how I visualize the King, sharp, cold, and dignified looking --and kinda hot /// . (just imagine him with red hair)
{art by @ enaa97 on twt}

🔹🔷🔹

"Lead the way then." Anastasius said with a smile, and while Icarus still wanted to indulge the smile of his cute little Young Master, they didn't have all the time in the world to take their time in preparation.

"Young Master, I'm afraid you're still not ready to meet them. We still have to do something with your outfit." He politely said. Anastasius looked down on his body and noticed that he is still wearing his sleepwear. He just gave a sheepish smile to Icarus.

"Let this servant get something for Young Master to wear. In the mean time, please stay in this room and avoid wandering around."

"Okay!" The younger answered, now sitting on the edge of his bed while swaying his little feet in the air. Icarus almost melted at the sight.

After his butler left, Anastasius decided to wait in the veranda. He understands that he's not allowed to go outside in his sleepwear and it's fine with him since he doesn't have enough energy - after using it for his cultivation - to go outside anymore. He decided to just sketch the view from where he sat on, the trees, the flowers, the sky, while waiting for his butler to return with his new attire.

The weather is perfect today, sunny but not too hot, and it's evident that even the animals loved it. Anastasius could see a lot of local tiny birds resting on the tree branches, he could also see a cat sleeping soundly on the warm grass, and the butterflies surrounding the flowers he planted with the gardener. Anastasius was so entranced by this sight that he couldn't take his eyes off of it. He didn't even notice a certain figure walking towars the East Palace.

The figure was a mysterious boy, probably a bit older than Anastasius, and was just wandering around the Palace that he was sent to as a representative of their country's Royal Family. He was trying to learn things about this foreign place since it's the very first time he'd come to such Kingdom. But out of all the things he'd seen in his little inspection, the boy in the veranda is probably the most beautiful existence he had encountered.

He admired the concentration Anastasius put in what he's currently doing, the way he furrow his eyebrows, how he put on that enchanting smile whenever he lays his eyes on the comfortable scenery in front of him. He didn't know who Anastasius was but he's determined to get to know him well.

He found Anastasius' smile charming, like seeing the sunlight creeping from the cracks of a flowing curtain after weeks of experiencing a heavy storm. It was hypnotizing, contagious, elating, and if he were to compare it to a fruit it would be fresh apples, sweet, crisp and refreshing.

The boy didn't want to distract Anastasius though, so he just decided to leave when he heard his attendant call him. 'I have a feeling I'll meet you again soon.' He thought to himself, wearing a smile that would seem innocent for others but actually not so pure. Anastasius suddenly shivered 'Is someone talking about me behind my back?' He wondered, but in the end he just ignored it.

"Young Master, your royal garments are ready"

"I'll be there in a second!"

🔹🔷🔹