🔘 Chapter 13: Social Debut pt.2

Anastasius made his way towards the throne of the King and Queen. Many nobles tried to talk to him but he thought that Lancelot's last meeting with his mother is way more important than conversing with anyone at the moment.

But even though Anastasius rejected the nobles' invitations, his sweet apologetic smile made up for it more than enough.

Even when he got closer to the throne, he didn't notice the Prime Minister talking to the King. He just saw his father looking at something, so to catch his attention, he called out:

"Papa!" Without thinking much.

Everyone paused at what they were doing and, with shocked expressions, looked at the running Anastasius.

Their King is feared by all men, even though he is leading a small country, it didn't became a hurdle for the other Kingdom to respect him because he is strong and unreadable. So it's really not much of a surprise for the noblemen inside the ballroom to be shocked at how easily Anastasius can call the feared King with such a cute endearment, the way the King even looked happy and proud as if saying "That's right, I am his Papa." Left everyone dumbfounded, and here they thought he's very unreadable.

Anastasius almost missed the reaction of the noblemen hadn't he noticed the Prime Minister's shocked face.

"I'm... I apologize father, Your Majesty." He immediately apologized when he reached the platform where the thrones were placed. The Queen was holding back her chuckle while the King softened his expression. "What are you apologizing for? I thought I already told you to get used to calling me that in public?" Yes, Anastasius can't even count how many times his father had requested that.

"It sounds improper." He pouted.

From shocked expression, everyone became soft for Anastasius' pout and silently prayed "God, I wish I were the King."

"No it is not, I've already told you right? Anyway, why are you running in the hall? You could've gotten yourself hurt." The King inquired with a rare soft voice.

"I, I was going to request for something..." He said, intertwining his little fingers.

"Tell me anything you want."

"Can we permit Lancelot on going to his mother's funeral? Lancelot is Mr. Prime Minister's son." Anastasius asked with his sweet voice. Yuu can just cringe inwardly by how sweet his tone was but he needed to earn favor so he didn't had a choice.

"Maximillian, Is it true that you did not permit your son on seeing his deceased mother?" The King asked furiously. He's a son of a concubine too so he knows the hardship, one of his kind, goes through when their mother dies, so he always reminded his people to treasure the relationship of a mother and her child.

"Your Majesty I... I just thought it would be rude of us not to attend this important occasion so..." The Prime Minister excused while slightly trembling. The King rarely shows his anger with his tone and face, and if he does, it will surely send chills to one's spine.

"Gregor." The King called out one of his trusted knights.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Escort the young Lancelot to their home safely. While you, Maximillian Black, we will have a talk after this gathering." Anastasius' breath hitched with the threatening tone of his father, it has been long time since he'd last seen his father in a serious light. He had always been a doting father in their home.

🔹🔷🔹

Anastasius went with Gregor, the knight, to guide him on where he found Lancelot. When he informed Lancelot about what he did, the guy looked at him as if he was an angel.

Lancelot wrapped his hands around Anastasius', while wearing a pair of sparkling eyes.

"I will be back, and I promise that I will serve you forever!" He said before he was escorted to a carriage.

"Let go of Anastasius!" Before Lucas could swat his hands away his onii-chan's, he was already gone, "Damn he's a fast runner." Anastasius thought.

Lucas and Charles crowded on him immediately.

"Where else did he touch you?! Were you uncomfortable in any way?" Lucas asked while frantically checking fingerprints, if there's any, on Anastasius' exposed skin.

While Charles just silently whispered "The list is getting longer." While wearing a faux, kinda scary, smile.

--
Author's Note:
This is so short I'm really sorry 😭 I just wanted to show you guys that I still haven't dropped this novel. I'm just finding time to update it. I know this chapter is kinda lacking but I swear I'll work hard for the next one!

Again, thank you sooooooo much, I didn't even notice that this lightnovel already reached 73.4k reads like ??? THAT'S CRAZY I THINK IM GONNA CRY. From being just a part of an old notepad app to having such kind supporting readers, this glow up is just too much! My heart can't take it!

I love you so much guys 💕