🔘 Chapter 10: Tea Time

If Yuu were to base everything in Anastasius' memories, Charles would've found Clarimières Kingdom boring and arid. In the original plot of the story, Charles really did wander off to the East Palace but since the original Anastasius was just an emo little kid in the book, he often stayed indoors away from the balcony and outside the mansion for the scenery he can see from it reminds him of his father whom he hated gravely.

But Yuu, unknowingly, changed everything by sitting by the terrace, smiling and eventually intriguing the tyrant Prince Charming. He didn't know it would change the plot of the story drastically, added the moment where he showed his gentleness by excusing himself to save his younger brother from humiliation in the meeting; his wit and boldness by showing Charles that he understood the fact that the other knw he was lying through his teeth when he said he'd hate harming the Prince with his cold.

The fact that Anastasius (Yuu) can play as good as the neighboring kingdom's prince in the games of subtext and in-between-messages made the other want to know more about him. Which explains the scene right now.

Charles, sitting in front of Anastasius in the East Palace's living room, wearing his unreadable smile that sends shivers to everyone - except someone - in the room.

Lucas, sitting beside Anastasius in a protective stance, ready to jump at anyone who decides to come closer to his older brother in less than 5 feet away, his murderous gaze focused especially to Charles;

And Anastasius who is now calmly sipping his cup of milk tea, not having the slightest clue about the tension that has been bothering almost everyone in the room for a while now.

"I'm going to ask you again. What are your plans for visiting Anastasius' palace?" Lucas repeated his question, failing to make his little voice sound more intimidating. "I am simply checking if Anastasius is already well, young prince. He did had a cold the last time we met." Charles answered, still smiling. 'What an angel!' Anastasius thought, completely opposite of what Charles' servants were thinking at the moment which was 'Please don't fall for it.' Lucas had the most terrible expression in the room though, thinking 'How dare he call my older brother by his first name?!'

"That was so sweet of you Your Highness, but I'm really okay now. I'm afraid I'll be the subject of envy of your kingdom's girls now with your deep concern." Anastasius joked, but still he considers how girls shouldn't be belittled because they hold the upper hand in the game of love and everything that goes along with it.

"I'm sure they will not, or rather I will make sure they'd avoid doing so." Charles stated wearing an odd smile which made Anastasius' head tilt in slight confusion. The servants just just wore a tight smile to mask their fear, just thinking about the things that the Prince Charming is able to do makes them want to flee the prince's side immediately. Just what would happen if this sadist-tyrant prince grows up further? Would there be a limit of what he can do? Such questions rose to their minds but they decided to ignore it for the sake of their position in the palace.

"Oh, I heard young lord Anastasius already finished reading the footnotes of Argacoccia and the views in politics of Irus[1]. Would you care to share some of your thoughts about it?" Charles asked, wanting to test the target of his interest, if he's really worth of his attention or not. But he knew to himself that even if he was proved wrong with his expectations on Anastasius, he would still be engrossed by him.

"From what I had read they seem to meet halfway with their way of thinking, it's just that the other decided to use his principles on philosophy rather than on politics," Anastasius started, without noticing the surprise in Charles' eyes. The older had merely wanted to see if he had read the texts already, it didn't matter if he understood it or not since he's still too young, but seeing how Anastasius could discern how the two texts differ had provided hin an idea of how much the younger knows about it.