🔘 Chapter 24: Tears of the Heroine

Only a week had passed since the heroine transferred to the Corrielle academy, yet the whole student body is already focused on everything she does. Everyone would look her way when she walks through the hallways, when she brings a sandwich and eat it on the school's green house while reading a book quietly, and when she stands behind the Student Council's President, the Crown Prince, in certain events.

It's only natural since she's the "destined" heroine of the story of course, but one cannot change the fact that the attention she gets isn't any greater than what Anastasius' name carries.

Anastasius is always the talk of the school, his name is always written on the academe's newspapers. Just saying his name would even make anyone turn their head around and listen to what you have to say about him. Almost everyone adores him and there wasn't any much of that discrimination like how the students talk about Casandra because unlike her, he came from--although not that strong-- a pretty well known family, and even had a nice title attached to his name that was given by their country's citizens.

So because of the two's rising name within the social circles inside the Academy, it really can't be helped if the whole school focused more on them two, even only as a means of distraction after hours of studying and working on school works.

After weeks of observing the two, the students in the academy had divided themselves into two factions. The side who's in favor of Anastasius for the Crown Prince, and the side who's rooting for Cassandra to be with the Crown prince.

It all started when the students saw how charming and talented Cassandra is, it almost equals the charm of Anastasius so it didn't surprise anyone when she immediately became an idol in the school despite the discrimination that's still attached to her name (e.g: Saying "She's very pretty and talented, if only she wasn't born from a commoner household I would've asked for her hand in marriage already.” It's a compliment but still derogatory).

The idea of shipping her with the Crown Prince also started when the students found out that Charles invited her to the Student Council, "His highness is definitely into her!"

Most of Cassandra's supporters were the ladies who refused to lose their Prince to a guy for they consider it as an insult to their femininity, "Losing his highness to a pretty and talented lady is more acceptable than losing him to a man." As they say. While the men who supports her think, "I feel like liking a girl that looks a bit like him(Anastasius) will take the guilt of finding him cute away."

However, would the faction that love Anastasius lose to their opposing faction? Whenever someone tries to disagree with them, they would always pull out their trump card which is the statement, "His highness personally escorted Anastasius on his first day of school, he also have a special smile that is dedicated to Anastasius only! Isn't that enough to call their ship a canon?!"

The other ladies who loves Charles doesn't really care if they lose their Prince to man, "So what if he's a man? He looks more beautiful than any woman here anyway, it would be easier to accept the idea of the Prince falling in love with him right? He's also very intelligent, pure and genuine! Who wouldn't love him?"

While the men who favors him say, "To hell with that toxic masculinity, you're not a real man if you let gender stop you from admiring a real beauty! Besides, he's even more delicate than any woman in this Academy, in fact no lady, even if they may look a tiny bit alike, would be in par with Anastasius' overalll features!"

With the obvious tension going around the Academy, it's a mystery how Anastasius, Cassandra, and the Prince still doesn't seem to notice what's going on. Whenever someone asks either Anastasius or Cassandra about their relationship with the Crown prince, they would answer nonchalantly about it as if they don't care much about it at all.