Chapter 2

When Rose awakens she's confused at first with why all she can see is darkness and then she starts to panic when she realises that the darkness seems to stretch on.

She opens her eyes slowly and her eyes take some time before adjusting to the colours in the room.

Her vision was less clear than she was used to and she sits up with a loud gasp as she looks around the room frantically when she's assaulted by the memories of her falling from her home toward Earth.

She lifts her hand to stare at it in shock and gasps at the sight of it.

She's been a reaper for so long that she never considered what it would be like to actually have flesh.

"She did it" Rose comments, unable to believe what she's seeing, "she really did it" she says, feeling disappointment seep into her bones.

Her mother had really banished her from the Reaper Plane for bringing Kol Mikaelson back.

Rose descends the bed and that's when she notices the golden runes on her cloak. They read: banished.

As if she hadn't already realised it, she exhales lowly in obvious sadness as she looks around the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Where am I?" She questions aloud.

"That would be my home" a voice comments from the doorway as she whips her head to face the source.

Her eyes widen at the sight of the man standing in the doorway.

She knows him well enough after having kept tabs of his family across the years.

"Forgive me for startling you, I am Elijah Mikaelson" he introduces himself politely, taking a step closer, taken aback by how calm she was at the sight of him.

He can't help feeling as if he sees a hint of familiarity in her eyes.

"I...I'm Rosella" she manages to speak to him.

It feels unreal for her that he can actually see her.

"Rosella, what a pleasant name" he says with a charming smile as he approaches her before stopping more than 5 feet from her in order to give her space and not make her feel too smothered. "If you don't mind my asking Ms. Rosella, where exactly do you hail from for your...clothing has the most unusual writing and I would certainly know" he says politely so as to not seem too forward or rude.

Rose doesn't know whether to admit to knowing about him being a vampire or not.

Admitting would be better than keeping it secret.

Their whole family is very paranoid about people knowing about them after all, especially Klaus.

"I'm afraid you won't know where I hail from Mr. Mikaelson" she says honestly, "and as for your skills when it comes to being able to read writing such as this, well I'm well aware" she says pointedly as the look of politeness disappears from his eyes and his face, just as she had expected it would.

A silent 'I know what you are' resonates between the two of them.

"And just what do you know?" He asks her, careful to keep his composure and slip on his mask of indifference, a tight smile on his face.