Chapter 9

Rose walks into her bedroom tiredly. Feeling the full brunt of the weight of her disappointment as she does.

After Kol told the Mikaelsons that they hadn't been successful in finding an answer to helping her get back she had gone upstairs to her bedroom to sleep it off.

None of them had followed, giving her space and freedom.

None of them would ever openly admit it but they were secretly happy that she hadn't found a way to get back home yet because they felt selfish with her.

Elijah had never seen anyone stand up go Niklaus as fearlessly as she had when his brother almost killed the Bennett witch.

Niklaus had been angry with her for interfering, yes, but he actually allowed her to get Bonnie out of the barrier that prevented any of them from coming in. He's certain that none of them could have pulled such a feat off.

He had also noticed that Kol's body count had decreased significantly since Rose's appearance and just the other day he could have sworn he saw his younger brother smile, a smile without mischief or malicious intent.

Rebekah was finally happy to have a female companion to talk with and even share a little innocent gossip with.

But out of all the Mikaelsons none was as pleased as Klaus.

Yes, she had retrieved the White Oak stake from the Salvatores and placed her life at risk because of that.

She had even openly defied him in front of the Salvatores but Rose brought a certain light into his life. Even when she had been angry with him he could still feel the warmth of her light.

What had attracted him to Caroline was the fact that she was still bright and bubbly, despite being what they are.

Despite the darkness that they possess whether knowingly or unknowingly because of their vampire status but he was finding that in comparison to Caroline, Rose's light shone a thousand times brighter.

Whenever she smiled at him he found himself staring at her. Whenever she laughed with Rebekah he found himself wishing he could record the sound so that he can always listen to it.

Whenever she and Kol bantered yes, he felt jealous with their closeness but he also found himself laughing softly at their jests.

And when she sat with Elijah and discussed different aspects of history he found himself listening to her as she shared it from her point of view, from her outside perspective.

She even admitted to not understanding art or seeing it like he does but appreciated it nonetheless.

Rose freezes in her steps when she sees the large painting on her bed. She heads over to it and lifts it up to get a better view of it. It was her and she looked beautiful.

Soft yet fierce. Strong and determined.

She was sitting on a throne with a reaper scythe in her hand and a lazy smile on her face but her eyes warned the onlooker of a hidden danger if you ever crossed her.

Next to the painting is a crème envelope and she lowers the painting back onto the bed and opens the envelope that had her name on the outside in beautiful cursive handwriting.

There's a small card inside that simply reads 'I'm sorry'