Chapter 11

Caroline had gone missing. None of them could find her and none of Bonnie's spells were pulling up results.

At first they thought she left to be with Tyler but when he admitted to not knowing where she was they started to fear the worst.

Tyler was ready to come down and help them look for her but Bonnie assured him that she'd find Caroline.

The last thing she wanted was for Caroline to come back home only to find Klaus had killed Tyler in her absentia, which is exactly what Klaus would do if he saw Tyler.

He made that explicitly clear. Bonnie was desperate to find her friend, so desperate in fact that she turned to the last possible person that she could have ever turned to for help.

"Ah Miss Bennett, I was surprised to receive your message" Klaus says as their compelled maid, Marissa, shows Bonnie to his study.

He's amazed that she's lasted as long as she has but gathers it mostly has something to do with Rose. She warned Kol not to even look in Marissa's direction when looking for a snack.

"Now what can I do for you?" He asks her.

Bonnie was still a little frightened of him after he nearly turned her into a vampire but for Caroline she sucked it up.

"I...need your help" Bonnie admits begrudgingly as Klaus smirks at her words, "Caroline's gone missing and I need your help to find her" she adds, testing to see how he would react.

His response is surprisingly calm. In fact it bordered on completely bored.

"Why not ask the Salvatores?" Klaus asks curiously, even though he enjoys having Bonnie Bennett begging him for his help. In fact, it comes with a certain ego boost.

"That doesn't matter right now" Bonnie says dismissively, "are you going to help me find her or not?" She asks, not wanting to be there any longer than she should.

"So rude" Klaus clicks his tongue with an amused laugh. What else can anyone expect from a Bennett witch? "Perhaps you are unfamiliar with begging Miss Bennett but it usually requires a lot more...groveling" he adds as Bonnie scowls at his words, "sometimes even a little opportunity cost" he educates her, "what's the saying again, oh yes 'I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine" he says in faux recollection

"What do you want?" She asks through gritted teeth, clenching her fists so tightly she draws a little blood.

Klaus smirks widely at the scent of her blood in the air. It smelled tantalising and he was tempted to take a little sip.

"A simple protection charm and to know the location of the cure" he adds.

"What do you want a protection charm for? You can't be killed" she asks in confusion.

She's trying to distract him from asking about the cure and Klaus is well aware but he decides to humour her.

"Be that as it may" Klaus agrees, "I still need the charm, love. For sentimental reasons" he adds as she looks at him through suspicious eyes.

What sentimental reasons?

"Why not ask another witch to do it for you?" She asks him.

"My relationship with witches has become something of a...mess lately" he says as she flinches slightly when he says mess because she just knows that he means a literal mess of blood, guts and gore, "besides, I need the best witch on this one and you are the best, Miss Bennett, however lacking your powers may be at times" he adds insulting and complimenting her in the same sentence.

Bonnie narrows her eyes at him. She never thought it was possible to compliment and insult someone at the same time.

 She never thought it was possible to compliment and insult someone at the same time