Chapter 23

Rose cries out in pain when she sits upright and quickly touches her face only to find it smoother and scarless.

She eyes her clothes too and finds that she's in a long, flowing green gown. She finally starts to take in everything around her in wonder and shock when she sees that she's in a clearing of some sort.

But it stretched on for miles on end and it looked like there were no sign of life anywhere.

"Hello?!" She shouts before taking off in a sprint, searching for something, anything in this hell. "Hello?!" She keeps screaming but no matter how far she runs she keeps coming back to the same spot.

It's no use.

She's only running around in circles. She screams angrily at this as she falls onto her knees, sobbing as she does.

"I'm never going to leave this place" she realises solemnly.

~Fall on me~

Bonnie freezes in her steps when she sees her blonde best friend standing on her porch with her back turned to her.

She can't help recalling the last thing Caroline said to her just before Kol daggered her.

(Flashback)
Caroline stares at Bonnie with wide fearful eyes when she sees the trio walking into the room.

Bonnie was at the front with Rose by her right side and Kol on her left.

"Bonnie?" She says, using her frightened voice to try and manipulate her best friend when she sees the dagger that Kol was holding. "Bonnie, no!" She begs fearfully.

"I'm sorry Care" Bonnie says solemnly, "it's the only choice. I can't lose you" she adds. "I promise I'll let you out myself when I find a way to save your life" she promises with eyes blurred by her unshed tears.

"I'll never forgive you if you let this happen!" Caroline screams at her, "I won't!" She adds firmly.

"I'm sorry" Bonnie repeats.
(Flashback ends)

"Care?" She says slowly and hesitantly. Caroline turns to face her with her bright signature smile but it falls when she sees the tears in Bonnie's eyes.

Bonnie's whole face was red but her nose was the reddest.

"What's wrong Bon?" She asks worriedly, closing the gap between them in the blink of an eye and engulfing Bonnie in a tight hug as Bonnie sobs brokenly in her best friend's arms

Relief courses through her veins but so does unimaginable sadness.

She's happy to have Caroline back but she's heartbroken to have lost Rose to achieve that.

Rose had become something of a mentor and a friend.