Chapter 13

"First of all I'd like to begin by apologising to the both of you for what I did" Rose says to Elijah and Bekah, "I didn't think much of it at the time but I would never have been able to forgive myself if something happened to any of you. Nik was right, I did leave you all exposed and if the wrong person had come during that time..." She says as she trails off just thinking about it, "I'm sorry" she apologises sincerely.

"You do realise that it'll take a while before we're able to trust you again, don't you?" Bekah asks her coolly, being honest with her from the offset.

They've been self preservatious vampires for over a thousand years so it's instilled in them that if someone betrayed you once then they are bound to do it again and it isn't something that they can just ignore.

"I know" Rose replies with a sad sigh.

"We do not like being lied to, Rose" Elijah comments, "more so by those we hold dear

"We do not like being lied to, Rose" Elijah comments, "more so by those we hold dear. Though I am deeply disappointed by the manner in which you went about this whole deal. I do also understand why you did what you did" he admits as Rose listens on carefully. "But unlike myself and Rebekah, my brothers will be harder to convince, more so because that's just the way they are" he adds.

"Did any of you know? About me being Klaus' mate?" She asks them.

"Nik keeps things such as this close to his chest" Rebekah says, shaking her head.

She had been equally shocked when her brother dropped the bombshell during his argument with Rose about how she was his mate.

"I must confess that he told me" Elijah says, shocking both of them, "but I did not share it with you as it was not my news to share" he adds as Rose nods in understanding for why he kept it from her.

She will admit she's angry with Klaus for keeping it from her, Elijah has no fault in her eyes.

"I see" Rose replies coolly

"Rose..." Rebekah warns her, "perhaps now wouldn't be the ideal time to ask him about all of that" Rebekah says. She knows her brother better than anyone.

Nik wouldn't take it well for Rose to question him about what he must already consider his weakness now that he's admitted his weakness for Rose to hear.

Nik's greatest fear aside from losing all of his family is the fear of giving too much of himself and having someone use that against him.

"I just...I want to know why" Rose tells Rebekah as the blonde bites in her lower lip in concern.

She can already tell that her brother and Rose's relationship was about to become a whole lot more complicated.

Rebekah shoots Elijah a concerned look but he responds with a look that urges her to step back and let everything play out.

Nothing about his brother and Rose was simple.

They were both extremely difficult people to understand and trying to deter any of them from doing anything was likely to get the opposite result from either of them.