Chapter 22

A few months later, Mystic Falls, as per their usual traditions, hosts another party and the Mikaelsons are invited.

Rose arrives with her arm in Nik's and Rebekah was being accompanied by Kol, even if she wished it were Matt instead.

"Oi, don't like so sad beside me because it also makes me look bad" he whispers to his sister as Rebekah glares at him.

Kol also wishes that she were someone else, say someone with caramel skin and green eyes but people seldom get what they want so he'll have to make due with what he gets.

Bonnie still isn't speaking to any of them and as result of that Matt hasn't either, which had ultimately made Rebekah into what he dubbed: an extreme stalker due to the fact that she watches him from afar like a stalker nowadays, too afraid to approach him.

Needless to say his sister hadn't been amused when she heard him refer to her as such and it had taken a little help from Rose to convince her not to kill him every time she saw him.

"It's a large turnout" Elijah comment from Rose's left with Klaus on her right.

"You know how the inhabitants of this town love a reason to celebrate one thing or the next, brother" Klaus retorts.

Mayor Hopkins was at the entrance, shaking the hands of all the people who entered the party and the Mikaelsons were no exception.

"Mayor Hopkins, thank you for inviting our family" Elijah says to the man as he extends a hand to him as Rudy Hopkins nods with a polite and practiced smile plastered across his face as he shakes Elijah's hand.

"Thank you all for coming" he says to them like is expected of him.

The truth was that he didn't trust any of them but seeing as they have been complying with the rules he'll leave them be.

"And thank you for having us" Rose says as she shakes his hand as he nods.

He recalls how Bonnie told him once that Rose was the one responsible for keeping the Mikaelsons under wraps so he feels that it's responsibility to thank her on behalf of the residents of Mystic Falls.

"Rose, lovely to see you again" Rudy says to her, "Bonnie is somewhere in here with Matt" he adds as he searches the room for his daughter, unaware that the two of them weren't yet on speaking terms but Rose plays it off like a pro as she nods politely and tells him that she'll chat with Bonnie when she sees her as they walk off.

"Is it me or did his eyes linger on you for far too long, darling?" Kol asks in hopes of stirring up a little trouble.

The last thing he wants to do is be in the same room as all these annoying humans from this town but here he is.

"You're seeing things" Rebekah shuts him down before he can say anything else, "now shut up and go get us something to drink" she says as she searches around the room for Bonnie and Matt.

"Sod that, you can get your own fucking drink" he says as he eyes the girls in the room for his next drink.

Obviously he can't drain them dry but he sure can have his fun with them, especially since he's still so frustrated and angry with the Bennett witch.

What none of his siblings knows is that he's also taken to watching her from the shadows much like Bekah did with Matt but he always had to be extra careful because Bonnie had magic to sense enemies out.

If she knew that he was there then she sure did a good job pretending that she didn't.

"Kol...language" Elijah chastises. Kol is about to tell him where he thinks that he should shove his chastising only for one of the elder female Council members to appear of of nowhere and whisk Elijah off.