Chapter 6

Rose walked over to the old Salvatore compound.

It was dilapidated and looked like it would fall at any moment.

She looks around her and steps inside the house and heads for the bedroom that used to belong to Stefan, careful not to exert too much pressure in the event that the floor collapses beneath her.

At least now she can be happy for being the size that she is which isn't short but not the tallest either as she opens the door to Stefan's old room.

The room was typically Stefan in every way. It was still organised despite the thick cloud of dust that was covering everything.

She heads over to the corner of the room and removes the trunk there to reveal a loose floor board and gently removes it before sticking her hand inside, searching for something.

She pulls it out with a happy smile when she finally manages to get it.

The White Oak stake.

It's smart of Stefan to hide it in the last possible place where anyone would ever suspect to look since only he knows about it but she's been alive for a long time and she's seen a lot of things during that time.

She knows where Damon used to hide after his father beat him so that Stefan wouldn't see, she knows where Klaus would hide after being beaten by Mikael and she knows where Stefan used to hide things that he didn't want Giuseppe seeing, i.e. the loose floor board.

"Now to get rid of it" she comments as she puts everything back where it was before putting the stake in her bag and walking out the old compound, careful not to make the house cave in on her as she does.

~Fall on me~

"Come along then, darling or don't you want to go back anymore because you've fallen in love with me?" Kol asks Rose with a cheeky smile as they walk out of the house toward the Ferrari he had retrieved for their road trip.

"Oh damn, and here I thought I was taking that secret with me to the grave" she says sarcastically as Kol snickers at her sass.

She was so sassy and sarcastic at times.

"No need to be mean, darling" Kol says with mock offense as he speeds over to the driver's side of his navy blue Ferrari and opens the door, "let's go" he adds impatiently as if she was the one that kept him and was making him late.

The nerve of him.

"Couldn't you pick a less flashy car?" Rose asks him with an annoyed sigh as she makes her way over to the Ferrari, her leather bag hanging over her shoulder as it bounces off her hips

The Ferrari stuck out like a sore thumb.

She had seen the many cars that they had because money obviously wasn't an object for them and doesn't understand why Kol had to pick the flashiest one there when all they were going to do is check out the sight of the coordinates in the book Kol had given her.