Chapter 17

Tonight was the night of the Ball that Bonnie had invited Rose to and rather than spending her time getting ready or doing anything remotely Ball related Rose was in the garden that she had started for herself following her little argument with Nik.

She thought of doing something constructive with her time and because she could really use the distraction to get her mind off Nik.

She could sense him when he was near just like she assumes that he could sense her.

Rather than make the whole family suffer through awkward dinners like they tended to do whenever she and Nik argued she chose to rather spend her time alone.

Occasionally Rebekah or Kol would come check up on her and so would Elijah but never Nik.

He assumed that she didn't want him near her because of what she said to him when they argued.

(Flashback)

"It's like...talking to a brick wall with you" Rose sighs exasperatedly, "I'm done. I just...I'm done" she adds lowly before walking off as he watches her leave.

(Flashback ends)

Elijah had advised him to apologise to Rose but he didn't know how to start. He knows that being with him isn't easy.

Rose is like the sun and he is like the darkness that can suck the engery from the sun, even without knowing it and he doesn't want that.

He doesn't want to lose her but he can't release her either so he's just stuck in a limbo.

Rose is the love of his life. She's everything that he could ever imagine and more.

"Why did I know that I'd find you here?" Bonnie questions her mentor with a chortle as Rose turns to face her with a gentle and warm smile

The two of them have grown into really good friends during the time that they've spent together.

Rose has been her support system through everything going on in her life at the moment and vice versa.

The Salvatores were/are currently unhappy with her for 'choosing' Rose over Elena (according to Damon).

According to them (Damon once again) once she chooses Rose over them then she can't come back to them for anything.

(Flashback)
"You're going to regret this decision, witchy" Damon tells Bonnie as she turns to walk out the Salvatore Boardinghouse. She came to tell them not to worry about her spending so much time at the Mikaelson Compound anymore and Damon called her a traitor so now she's walking away before she does something she might end up regretting. "Don't let Klaus' girlfriend fool you into believing that they are nice, normal people. They bring death and they carry darkness!" Damon shouts after her as Elena looks between them with concerned eyes, tears brimming her chocolate coloured eyes.