Chapter 19

"Matt, hi" Rose greets the blonde with a smile when she opens the front door only to be met by the sight of him. "Bekah's gone out for a while" she informs him.

"Oh I'm not here to see her" Matt replies sheepishly, "not to say that I wouldn't like to" he adds quickly as Rose smirks at the cuteness of it all, "I uh...actually came to check up on you because Rebekah said that you inhaled smoke during the fire" he rambles sweetly as Rose's smile widens at his words.

"Matthew Donovan, never change" she says with a smile as he returns it with one of his own

"Matthew Donovan, never change" she says with a smile as he returns it with one of his own. He's going to go with Bonnie being the one who told him of his name and surname. "Would you like to come in?" She asks him. He looks a little hesitant to enter. Maybe because he's afraid that he'll bump into either Kol or Klaus. "I promise we don't have any dead bodies lying around" she teases as she flashes him a playful smile, "at least I don't think so" she teases some more as she looks around the floor playfully. Matt chortles at her sense of humour.

"I'd like to" he says, realising that it's as good a time as any to head inside.

He crosses the threshold and enters the mansion as Rose closes the door behind him as he takes in everything with wide eyes.

The floors were made from a really expensive looking marble and there was a huge crystal chandelier and two stairways that lead upstairs.

All in all everything just looked so grand and regal.

Everything looked like so shiny, like it could break at any moment. Clearly they hadn't spared any costs when they did everything.

Rose cackles evilly as Matt turns to face her.

"You'll never leave now" she tells him with a mischievous smirk as Matt chortles at this. He can see why Bonnie likes Rose so much she seems very funny, nice and genuine. "So you might as well get comfortable" she adds with a playful wink, "in the meantime, follow me" she adds as he does so as she leads him to the dining room where they entertained company. "Something to drink?" She asks him as he grabs a seat.

"No thanks" Matt declines.

"It's very sweet of you to come and check up on me Matt" Rose tells him, "so Rebekah and Bonnie told me that you were at the police academy, how's that coming along?" She asks with genuine interest.

"Good" Matt admits. "It's hard work like anything else but it's going good" he adds with genuineness as he and Rose spend a good 25 minutes chatting between themselves. "I ought to be leaving now" he says as he checks the time in his watch, "but thanks for this Rose. It was nice" he admits.

The only other person he can speak to like this is Bonnie. Ever since Bonnie had distanced herself a bit from Elena he had also done the same.

Not because he hated Elena or anything but only because he really did need a break from Elena and the drama that surrounds her and the Salvatores.