Chapter 3

"Enjoying the food, love?" Klaus asks with an amused smirk as he watches the small woman eat her food.

She looks up from eating her hamburger to face him shyly from underneath her long lashes as she places her burger back onto her plate, "no please, don't stop on my account" he waves a hand.

"I've never eaten food before" she adds as she takes a sip from her milkshake.

They were amazing!

They are definitely going to be a favourite of hers she can just tell.

As a reaper she didn't require sustenance of any kind. Just as long as she reaped souls she'd be perfectly fine.

"Never?"

"Never."

"So you just...came into existence?" He asks, trying to get a read from her. His mind is slowly starting to come to terms with the fact that she wasn't human or any of the supernaturals that he's been used to. "Do you have a father or mother?" He asks her curiously.

"Do you think I could get another of these?" She diverts, not wanting to talk about the topic of how she came to be, as she finishes off her milkshake.

Klaus knows when he's being distracted from something but he'll humour her for now.

"Of course, love" he says as he gestures for a waitress to head their way, "although I wonder how you'll fit all that food in such a tiny body" he says with a wink as she rolls her eyes at him as the waitress fixes her skirt as she approaches them.

"Do you need anything else, sir?" She asks, flattering her eyes at him as her eyes scan over him in evident appreciation.

Now he's flattered, he really is, because he knows how most women react to him but as pretty as she is she's not exactly to his particular tastes.

"Another milkshake, sweetheart" he says as he turns to face Rose, who was looking between the two of them curiously before going back to her hamburger.

Even though Klaus noticed the way that she looked at them. It would be his fortune if she were jealous.

"Sure thing" the waitress says, her voice dripping sweetness, "what flavour will it be?" She asks him, not sparing a glance in Rose's way as her eyes land on his ruby red lips before moving on to appreciate him in general.

"Rose, love" he says with a smirk as the brunette lifts her head to face him, a little bit of ketchup on her lower lip

"Rose, love" he says with a smirk as the brunette lifts her head to face him, a little bit of ketchup on her lower lip. "What flavour will it be?" He asks amusedly as the waitress tries to hide her disgust at the sight of Rose, clearly she thinks that she isn't worth Klaus' time or of being referred to as love by him.

"This flavour was satisfactory enough" the reaper says, gesturing to her empty glass as the waitress nods as she jots down bubblegum on her pad.

"Anything for you?" Their waitress, Taylor, according to her name tag, asks Klaus as she turns to face him again, making sure to show in her eyes that she's more than ready to offer him anything else that he might like if he wants.