Chapter 12

"How long have you been using Expression, Bonnie?" Rose asks her when they drive back to Mystic Falls.

"W-What?" Bonnie asks in shock, unprepared for Rose's question.

How did she know that she was using Expression? How long has she known if she did?

"Please Bonnie" Rose says with an offended scoff, "let's not insult each other's intelligence. You can already tell there's more to me than what's on the surface" she says as Bonnie agrees internally at her words, Rose knew a whole lot more than she pretended to know, "and I know that you're dabbling in dark magic" she adds.

"Expression isn't..."

"Expression is the darkest form of magic aside from voodoo" Rose cuts her off harshly.

How could she put her life at risk in such a stupid manner?

She supposes that this is what happens when you don't have a guardian to warn you about the types of magic that you may or may not dabble in if your magic is Ancestral.

Sheila Bennett would have never allowed such a thing to happen if she had still been alive.

Unfortunately she wasn't alive anymore due to her death from the overuse of her magic trying to open the sealed tomb where Damon Salvatore had thought he'd find Katherine.

Surprised, surprise, Katherine had never even been in the tomb to begin with.

Rose had watched from the sidelines as they tried to help someone who didn't give a single damn about any of them.

Katherine thought about herself first and everyone else came second to her. Not even Elijah was as important to Katherine as her survival was to her.

In a way Rose supposes that the doppelgangers were all the same. They put their interests above those of others and didn't care whose backs they had to step on in order to get their way.

In comparison to Katherine Elena was a little worse in Rose's eyes.

At least Katherine always made her endgame known towards the end. Elena could literally stab you in the back like she had done to Rebekah.

"How do you know so much about magic anyways?" Bonnie retorts in her defense, sparing a quick glance at Caroline who was still sleeping soundly in the backseat of her car.

Rose had made a concontion that had knocked her out completely but she needs to keep reapplying it to ensure that she stayed asleep and didn't wake up and attack them.

According to Rose the mark on Caroline's arm meant that she was hexed to go mad and attack any and every one without a single thought for them.

Basically she was a vampire time bomb that was bound to go off, but Bonnie wouldn't allow it.

She didn't want Caroline carrying around guilt about killing someone if they didn't find a way to help her. Not while she was still around.

"That isn't important–"

"That's hardly fair" Bonnie tells her, "I'm supposed to tell you things about myself but you can't tell me anything" she adds with a scoff.

"My knowledge of magic isn't killing anyone" Rose tells her.

"Expression isn't–"

"It will kill you" Rose tells her, "Expression is a form of magic shunned by your Ancestors. It's dark magic Bonnie and you know it" she adds firmly as Bonnie analyses her words.

Your Ancestors.

Your Ancestors, the words keeps repeating in her mind.

Not the Ancestors but your Ancestors.