Chapter 10

The Mikaelsons had left Rose to her privacy following that day but would all occasionally check up on her to make sure that she was still okay.

She confessed to Rebekah that it would take a little getting used to but what else could she do?

She can't force herself to be accepted by her people.

A lot of things were starting to change but none more than Rose and Klaus' relationship dynamic.

On the rare days where Rose left her room she was usually with Klaus and his family definitely noticed the looks that they shared between them.

When Rebekah commented about them Rose would dismiss it, saying that Klaus was her friend and nothing more.

Rebekah was bored sitting in Rose's room as the brunette read one of the many books that she had in her room and she had suggested that they go out and do something fun.

Kol, as per usual, butted in about how her definition or fun probably differed from Rose's because Rose didn't think it was fun to stick her tongue down every boy's throat and Rebekah had chucked a book at him as he ducked, laughing off her attempts to hit him.

Rose hadn't been thoroughly convinced either but Rebekah did her classic pout and Rose finally caved and so they were heading out to have some fun because honestly, Rose could do with a bit of distraction.

Klaus had gone out of town to take care of something so she figured why not.

Elijah warned his siblings to keep a close eye on Rose when the reaper wasn't present in the room at that time and Rebekah rolled her eyes as she promised to do so.

There was a house party at one of the houses of the kids that Rebekah and Kol went to school with so that's where she took Rose. Kol decided to tag along because he was annoying to her that way.

When they first arrived at the party the people had been a little hesitant around them because of Kol's notorious antics of making threats of bodily harm but after more alcohol flowed they grew less and and less bothered and some even mustered up the courage to ask Rebekah to dance.

None of them asked Rose though because whenever a guy so much as approached her Kol would shoot a deadly glare their way and they'd be quick to scamper off.

"You're spoiling my fun" she comments with a glare directed at him as she takes a sip from the punch in her red cup.

Someone had added a little bit of alcohol in the punch bowl to give it that extra kick but Rose didn't mind it. As long as she didn't drink too much she should be fine.

"You shouldn't be wasting your time with these...boys, anyways darling" Kol replies coolly, "come on, let's go dance so that they can stop staring at you long enough for their brains to actually work" he says, taking her drink as she finishes off her punch and goes to dance with him. They spend a majority of their night dancing and having a good time before Rose finally decides to take a break.

"I'll be right outside" she assures Kol when he looks like he's ready to protest when she says that she's going outside to catch her breath, "you'll hear me either way" she whispers with a pointed look, referring to his vampire hearing as he finally nods as she walks off while he flirts with some of the girls that he was dancing with.

Rose steps out the house into the backyard, the music blaring loudly as people walk in and out of the house.

There were a few people there, they were chatting and laughing and some of them were making out like the hormone driven teenagers that they were.

She spots Matt, Rebekah's crush, talking with some of the football boys from Mystic Falls High.

He turns to face her when one of his friends gestures to her. He says something to the guy before heading her way.