Chapter 15

🚩Warning smut ahead! Skip this chapter if it makes you uncomfortable!🚩

Rose lights lots of candles as she draws runes on the floor and burns sage so that no one can hear what she says as she sits in the middle of the circle and calls on Maximus.

She knows that doing this might get him in trouble but she's reached a point of desperation unlike ever before now and she needs his help.

"I call on Maximus, second-in-command to Imani, Queen of the Reaper Planes that govern the members of the magick community" she repeats in a chant as she speaks the ancient language of the reapers as she does so.

Usually she would have felt something instantaneous whenever she did something like this but it was much harder to tell now that she was human.

She repeats those words for close to 10 minutes before she feels a response.

She shivers when she feels the magic flood the room.

"You love messing with fire" Maximus' voice comments as she opens her eyes and finds him standing outside of her circle. For so long as she didn't step out the circle the connection would stay. If she goes out the line then it would sever. "What is it now?" He asks her in annoyance.

"You knew" Rose accuses him, "you knew that the demons that were baiting me hexed Caroline Forbes with the madness hex and you said nothing" she adds

"You knew" Rose accuses him, "you knew that the demons that were baiting me hexed Caroline Forbes with the madness hex and you said nothing" she adds. "What is wrong with you?"

"I was waiting to see how long it took you to figure out" he adds, walking around the room in boredom as Rose follows him with her eyes. "Clearly being a human has affected your memory and made you remember things much slower than ever before" he adds as she narrows her eyes at him as he turns to face her.

"This isn't a joke. A person's life is at stake!" Rose says to him.

"Do I look like the type that jokes?" Max asks dryly. "The demons that hexed the vampire wanted retribution for your sin and they weren't going to take no as an answer" he adds, "in doing this they perfectly exploited your soft nature" he scoffs as she glares in offense.

"So what now?"

"What do you mean what now? This isn't my battle to fight" he reminds her coldly.

"So I just watch someone die because of me?"

"If it makes you happy then I'll gladly reap her soul–"