Chapter 8

"I'm worried about Bonnie, I can't reach her on her cell" Elena explains to her boyfriend as she heads downstairs where he was talking with Jeremy and Damon.

Damon was sitting on the couch, a glass of bourbon in his hand.

"Maybe she switched it off" Damon says, "you know what witchy is like" he adds with an indifferent shrug, referring to how Bonnie didn't mind being in solitude.

"I'm afraid Mrs. Bennett is a little busy at the moment" Klaus comments casually, leaning against the doorway as if he owned the house as all heads whip to face him fearfully.

Damon and Stefan quickly move to defend Elena, leaving poor Jeremy exposed. Klaus smirks at their predictability.

"Klaus" Stefan comments in shock

"Rippah" Klaus says as Stefan's nickname rolls off his tongue, a gleeful smirk on his face, "and company" he adds as his eyes scan over Damon, Elena and Jeremy, obviously unimpressed by them

"What did you do with Bonnie?!" Jeremy demands angrily, ready to attack.

"Jeremy, no!" Elena begs her brother worriedly as Damon holds the hunter back.

Klaus doesn't do anything except stare at Jeremy in utter boredom.

"I haven't done anything

"I haven't done anything...yet" Klaus says pointedly as his wicked smirk grows, "but she hasn't been able to locate my stake so now I leave it to you to get it for me" he says to Stefan

"Why would we give away our best leverage against you?" Damon retorts.

"Because if you don't I'll kill Ms. Bennett and then I'll come for all of you" he tells them, "it hasn't skipped my mind Miss Gilbert what you and your brother did to my brother" he says, looking Elena dead in the eye as she gulps as Jeremy looks like he wants to kill him for threatening his sister and kidnapping Bonnie. "You have 1 hour to give me back my stake or I'll give Miss Bennett a little taste of my blood" he adds as Elena inhales sharply at his words, "know this Miss Gilbert if that does happen and she dies it's on your hands because she died because of you. Because of the...love that these boys" he spits the words out, "possess for you" he says pointedly, "tick tock, Rippah" he says with a grin before flashing out the room in the blink of an eye.