Chapter 25

After Klaus proposed to Rose the Mikaelsons decided that they had been in Mystic Falls for long enough and they decided to leave.

Rebekah went back to where she had been hiding from Nik so that she could gather the few items she took with her.

Elijah went off to Paris in order to clear his head for a little while.

Klaus told Rose that Paris was Elijah's 'reflection zone' and Kol went off to Australia.

His relationship with a certain Bennett witch didn't come to an end because of that, no.

Instead he took Bonnie with him, citing how he was going to show her a life beyond Mystic Falls.

Klaus and Rose went to Italy and Rebekah followed, telling Rose that it was mostly just to bug her brother because she would steal her from Nik nonstop.

Which she did. Much to Klaus' annoyance.

"I have an idea!" Rebekah says excitedly as Rose and Nik join her downstairs for breakfast. 

"That happens on occasion" Klaus replies as Rebekah gives a sarcastic laugh in response before flashing him the middle finger as Rose chortles into her glass of juice. 

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" Rebekah says as she turns to glare at Nik, "Why don't you two just married here?" she asks them eagerly. "Next week" she adds as Rose chokes on her juice. 

"Next week?!" 

"Yeah" Rebekah nods, "I know a really great dress store and I'm great at organising parties!" she adds excitedly

"Bekah this isn't a party...."

"First tell me what you two say to the idea first" Rebekah cuts Rose off as the reaper turns to face her fiancé.

He merely smirks back in response as if to say that she's the one who entertained Rebekah so now she can deal with it alone. 

Traitor. 

"I don't mind getting married tomorrow if Rose is alright with it" he replies as Rebekah squeals excitedly at this as Rose kicks him in the shin, which makes him remember the first time they had dinner together and she smiles back too as if she's following his train of thought.

She's finding that the more time they spend together the more in sync they become with one another.

Sometimes she doesn't even need to say something and he already knows what she wants to say. Their connection was definitely strong. 

"Oh this is fantistic!" Rebekah says to them, oblivious to the looks shared between the couple, "I need to show you two the invitations I designed" she tells them as she grabs a flip file from the chair beside her as Rose turns to face her in accusation. 

"You planned this" Rose says to her

"Guilty as charged" Rebekah replies with a smile as she places the flip file on the table in front of them. "I have two that I had already had the pleasure of designing" she says as she shows them the invitations. 

"There won't be a need for invitations Rebekah. Our family are the only people who would join us" Klaus comments with a sigh. 

"Oh please let's invite the Mystic Falls lot. I want to shove this in their faces" she says with an evil smirk which falls when Rose glares at her, "I mean...I want them to see your love for each other" she amends with a smile. 

"No" Klaus says, shutting the idea down.

The last thing he wants is the Salvatores at his wedding.