Chapter 6.

Carly's POV

"So, you're all settled?" I asked Tommy and Mick.

"Yeah, we're good." Mick replied.

"We'll call for you if we need anything." Tommy spoke up.

I smiled. "Good." I said.

I shut the guest bedroom door and walked out to the living room. Vince was fixing the pillows and unfolding the blanket.

"You're sure you're comfortable on the couch?" I asked.

"I'm sure, your couch is really comfy." He replied. "Thanks for letting us crash here." He added on.

"Well, I don't really have much of a choice, now do I?" I asked and laughed a little.

He chuckled. "Night, shorty." He said and laid down.

"Night, shorty." I said back.

"I'm not short!" He exclaimed and laughed.

I laughed and walked into my bedroom. Nikki was sitting criss cross on the bed and looking through one of my little boxes I keep on my desk.

"Stop going through my stuff." I said and walked over to him.

"You have weed and you didn't tell me?" He asked and held up my joints.

"Why would I tell you?" I asked with a laugh.

"Because I like to get high, duh." He replied with a chuckle. "Can we smoke?" He asked and put the joint between his lips. He grabbed my lighter and lit it.

"Well, you're already smoking it." I replied and got into bed.

He took a drag of it and passed it over to me. "That's some pretty good stuff. Where do you get it?" He asked and exhaled the smoke.

"From the dispensary." I replied.

"Really? There's places where you can get drugs?" He asked.

"Well, weed isn't considered a drug anymore." I replied and took a drag.

"When is heroin not gonna be considered a drug?" He asked as I handed him the joint back.

"Never because it kills people." I replied and exhaled the smoke. "Weed doesn't cause any withdrawal, you can't get physically addicted to it and it makes you giggle. So, it's all around good." I said and smiled.

He chuckled and took a long drag. "It's weird, I don't have any withdrawal so far being here." He said, exhaling the smoke and handing the joint back to me.

"Maybe you won't go through it. Maybe this is your clean slate." I said and took a long drag.

"I kinda wanna meet future me, I wanna know what he's like." He said.

I handed the joint back to him and exhaled the smoke. "Nikki now is completely clean. 18 years sober." I said and took a drag.

"That's shit, that's so boring. Being sober? What is wrong with me?" He asked.

I sighed. "Nikki, you almost died. You overdosed in '87. Your heart stopped, you were pronounced dead." I said quietly.

"What??" He asked. "No I didn't, I was in '87 before we got here." He said.

"It was in December when you had your overdose." I said and handed the joint back to him.

"How do you know all this?" He asked.

"You published your diaries from when you were an addict." I replied.

I got up and grabbed the book from on top of my dresser and handed it to him. He grabbed the book and looked at it. He opened the book and flipped through some pages. His eyes went wide.

"I just wrote this." He said and pointed to one of the entries. "This is freaky." He said. "I gotta meet me in the future and beat his ass for publishing my personal stuff!" He exclaimed.

"Did you hear how stupid that sounded?" I asked.

He sighed. "Yeah, okay. It sounds stupid." He said and took another long drag of the joint before handing it back to me.

I finished off the joint and put it in my ashtray. He kept flipping through the book, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Nikki, I don't think you should keep reading." I said and took the book from him.

"What would happen if I wrote something different in my diaries now? Would it change in real time?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know?" I replied. "You don't have your diaries, anyways." I said.

"Yes I do." He said and leaned over. He grabbed a book from beside my bed and I furrowed my eyebrows.

He grabbed a pen from my bedside table. "Nikki, I really don't think you should do that." I said.

He flipped the page and started writing. I opened up The Heroin Diaries and flipped to the page of the date we're at. As I looked at it, the words on this page disappeared. My eyes went wide.

"Nikki, stop!" I exclaimed. "You're ruining the book!" I said and looked over at him.

"Okay, I wrote a new passage." He said and gestured for me to read it.

I looked down and it says, "Future Nikki can suck my dick."

"Nikki! Why?!" I exclaimed. "Don't you know that this could cause present Nikki to get weirded out?!" I asked.

"I don't care. He published all my dirty laundry for the whole world to read. He's a dick." He grumbled and put the book down.

"I can't believe you wrote that!" I said.

"Well, believe it, sweetheart." He said and laid down. "Nothing is gonna happen. It's not like anyone reads this book anymore. Right? It says it was released in 2007." He said.

"Lots of people still read this book!" I exclaimed.

"Whatever. Nobody will notice." He shrugged and pulled the blankets on him.

I shook my head and shut the book. I put it back on my dresser and laid down. I really, really hope nobody notices. Especially not present Nikki.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye!)