Chapter 119 + 120:

~~AUTHOR'S SPECIAL NOTE: Chapter 119 will be longer than most (since it contains mostly backstory) so this will be the only chapter for this week. Enjoy!~~

**Yeong-gi's Memory continued**

With her gaze still lowered, silence remained.

That night on the hospital's balcony, I wanted to reach out to her, hold her, comfort her, and let her know that she can unburden herself with me. But I don't. And not just because of Kousuke's demand of me. I curled my fingers into my hand to stop me from reaching out. Shin-ae needs what my Mam did for me. So, I turned away from her and covered my face.

Luckily, Mam raised me knowing the difference between Korean culture and Irish culture. She knew my struggle and could tell when I would bottle things in. With a smile, she'd turn away from me, cover her face and tell me, "Go ahead, boyo. I'll nae look at ya. Ya have me word." And I would finally release what I held inside.

Knowing Shin-ae needed the same outlet, I gently called out again. "Shin-ae. Go ahead. Let it all out. I won't look. You have my word." Only...

...My hands fell away from my face when I felt her. Between my shoulder blades, I felt the weight of her rested forehead. At my sides, I felt her clutching my coat with a fierce grip. 

I didn't expect that.

**PRESENT DAY**

YEONG-GI:

"Nol!" Kousuke's annoying voice brings me back to the present. "Did you a hear a word I said?" older brother demanded.

I nod.

"Well then...? Who is Ms. Yoo to you?" he asks while crossing his arms. Tch, looking so high and mighty in his chair. So, I decided to have a little fun with him and answer his question with one of my own.

"I could ask the same to you, brother. I mean, first there was holding her hand when the three of us ate together, then there was you staying in her hospital room. Now, why would the high and mighty Kousuke-"

Kousake quickly stands and slams his palms on his desk. "Enough!" he interrupts. "Tch, it's clear you are deflecting and refusing to answer my simple question. Now I am not merely asking as your older brother, but demanding an answer as your boss. Do not forget your promise to me, little brother."

"Hm," I grunt. How could I forget with you reminding me every so often? "Shin-ae is just a friend. I would never cheat on Alyssa or any girl I'm in a relationship with."

This seems to relax Kousuke, as his stiff shoulders seem less stiffy.

Huh, how about that.

"Alright then," older brother replies. "Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding Sang-chul to me. I will take care of it. Now, if you don't mind." He sits back down and picks up the files from his desk. "I have work to do and so do you."

"But what are you going to-"

"I said I'll handle it, Nol. If that is all, see yourself back to your desk and await further instruction. Sang-chul will harm no one. I'll see to it myself."

I guess I'm dismissed then. Again. Typical Kousuke.

And yet...as I walk back to desk, his question echoes in my mind.

Who is Ms. Yoo to you?

And that's the damnest thing, isn't it?  Because, maybe in another life, I think she could've been more.