Chapter 1

"Y/n! Come on open up! You should not be sleeping in this long!" I blink my eyes open to see my door shaking from relentless pounding. I reach for the back of my head to see how bad the bump is but I don't feel anything except a headache forming. Frowning, I stumble out of bed to yell at whoever it is.

"Y/n it's not very proper for a princess to sleep in. You should know better. There's a lot to do today" Ben scolds as he marches into my room.

My headache gets worse and I press my fingers to my temples.

"Ben what do you want? I don't need you acting like Dad this early in the day."

Ben adjusts his jacket and ignores my comment. "Mal and I wanted to inform you of some good news."

"Then where's Mal?"

"Waiting for us downstairs. We were going to let you know over breakfast so hurry up. Princesses have punctuality and it's rude to keep someone waiting."

"Right. Well let me get right on that Your Highness. Give me ten minutes," I mockingly salute him while trying to shoo him out.

"Maybe if your room was a little bit cleaner then it would take five," Ben mutters.

I sigh and shut the door in his face. Ben may be my older brother but he sure does act like a third parent sometimes. I can't really blame him though because he means to be helpful. He wants to see me succeed and become a role model to other young princesses. Compared to him though, I feel like the disappointment of the family. Most of the time I feel secluded from social events because of it. Ben might sense it too then if he's always trying to help me.

Self-consciously I survey my room and gather up the clothes scattered on the floor and throw them in a chair for later. I slide my trash can over with my foot and swipe the food wrappers off my desk. Already the room was looking a little better. Because I was The Princess, I got some privileges that others didn't get like having my own room. That also meant that I could decorate it however I wanted to. Unlike the other pink, frivolous rooms in the girls dorms, I had painted the walls grey with white curtains. My bed is shoved in the corner of the room which left a lot of open space in the middle that's usually filled with whatever hobby I had picked up that month. This time it was fencing. A helmet and sword were laying on the rug. Last month it was dancing which did not go well for me. After the sprained ankle incident, I don't think I'm cut out for it like the others are. A royal blue love seat sits under one of the windows. Bookshelves line either side of it and of course I have my desk which is near the door. Gold accented decorations are scattered all around. I had made it into my own little home to hide away from all the duties and responsibilities the kingdom piles on me. To me the room says safety but apparently Ben thinks otherwise.

I walk to my bathroom and pull my hair up into a quick ponytail and add a little bit of makeup to my face to hide some acne. I slip on my grey skinny jeans, lace up boots, and a royal blue jacket. Ben is still standing in the hallway when I open my door again.

"Eight minutes. Not bad," Ben remarks.

"Thanks for the approval." I reply sarcastically.

We walk down to the cafeteria and find Mal sitting at one of the tables with the other VK's.

"Before you get to say whatever it is you're keeping from me, I need some coffee and food," I announce to the group and march over towards the line. I sit in between Carlos and Jay once I'm done. Mal sits across from me and Ben and Evie beside her.

"Okay what's up?" I look at everyone.

"I don't know that's what we are waiting for," Evie glares at Mal.