Chapter 4

"Alright let's get this over with," I frown.

"Why so serious, love? What happened to my little fighter from earlier?" My captor stolls over to me. He leans down to my ear.

"Don't give up that easily. It's not a good look for you," I shiver but not in fear. His warm breath glides across my face .

"I'm not giving up. I just want to know the point of bringing me up here."

I wave my hand at the view before me but freeze as he raises his hook up to my face. The cold metal rakes itself across my cheek, under my chin, and stops at my throat. He doesn't dig the hook in deeply but I can get an idea of how sharp it is.

"Information. I want information," he breaths.

"About what?" Luckily, my voice doesn't waver.

The hook leaves my throat but it follows its trail back up to my cheek. He pulls away from me. I internally scold myself for wishing he hadn't moved.

He throws himself across the couch. "Tell me what King Ben's real plans are for wanting all of the VK's."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play coy. Auradon's people won't accept us. Everyone still remembers what our parents did. No one really wants us there," his usually smiling face contorts itself into a grimace.

"Yes there is. How do you think we are here? Someone had to approve the idea," I say in confusion.

"Yes they would approve but not for the reason that you are trying to make us believe. Ya want to know what I think? I think the higher ups thought it would be a great idea to lull us in and then trap us in their jaws. Snatch! "He snaps at me, and his teeth clack together. "Just like a fish trapped in a crocodile's mouth. And what will the crocodile do? Eat the fish. Why not exterminate the next generation of villians? I must applaud you all. Well done for tricking the masses but you don't have me fooled.

"You think we want to kill you?" I can't believe what I'm hearing.

"Still acting like you don't know anything? All right. I can wait," he crosses his arms behind his hand and leans back.

"No I'm not lying! Why would we do that? Especially since we already have brought over four of your people, and they weren't harmed. Ben would never allow this sort of thing to happen," I put my hands on my hips

My captor cracks open an eye. "You're friends aren't as innocent as you think. They are still evil. You can take the villian out of the Isle but not the Isle out of the villian. It runs through our blood."

He leans forward and drags his hook across his arm.

"You're crazy."

"Thank you. I get that a lot," his smile returns but only for a second. "All right maybe you don't want to remove Mal and her gang, but that just means that they have lost their loyalty. Now they want to turn on their own people and wipe us out. See? Still evil."

"They wouldn't do that. What would be the point?"

"To take out their competition. They could have Auradon and the Isle of the Lost just for themselves."

I groan. "That's not what's happening! Can't you believe me?"

"Nope. Why should we get a chance? This island is meant for the hopeless. The cursed. The poor unfortunate souls."

I look at him closer. He believes in what he is saying. That's probably what everyone thinks around here. And why not? They are trapped here paying for someone else's debt. Sympathy washes over me.