Chapter 23

There are no dreams. Only darkness. That's how I know that Harry didn't fall asleep in the limo with Gil and I. As Harry and I's  bond has grown stronger so does our dreams. Everything has become increasingly realistic in them to the point that sometimes I believe that they are the real world instead of the other way around. The consequences of that, however, is that any other dreams are nonexistent. If one is asleep but not the other, there is nothing. Just a black oblivion of nothing. I don't mind the dark but without Harry, it's not as interesting anymore.

I am tugged gentky from the darkness by a voice. "Love?"

"No..." I curl in closer to Harry's warm side.

Harry sighs. "Alright."

His strong arms wrap around me bridal style and slides across the seat of the limo and hoists us up.

"Come on Gil. I can't carry ya too," he spins us back around, I assume, to look at him.

Gil groans, but I know he follows us since Harry walks us forward. Each of his steps is a comforting motion that drifts me slowly back into a limbo of unconsciousness. I can hear everything around me but feel as if my body is being pulled by gravity. I want to lift my head up, but my energy is just drained.

Harry carries us up the stairs and we turn down the hallway. A door creaks open and is shut again behind us. Harry gently lays me down on my sheets but something feels off. The smell of the salty sea and clean breeze is so strong but not in a bad way. So familiar that it is comforting. I start to yank my blankets up around myself but someone stops me and a body slides in beside me. Startled, I am pulled from my conciousness.

Blinking a few times, I find Harry's half-asleep face next to mine.

My mouth feels dry as if I have cotton in it. "Are you staying over tonight?"

A low chuckle that sounds like a purr rumbles in his chest. "No you are."

"What do you mean?"

I yank my head up from the pillow and see that I am in Harry's room. Gil is on the opposite side of the room in his bed snoring. Laying on top of his blanket, he didn't even bother to take off his dress clothes and boots. I hadn't been in their room since the party and everything now seemed very different. The furniture was placed back to where the school sets it up for students expect that Gil and Harry had pushed their against the sides of the  walls like mine. All trash had been removed and the room was actually really clean. At least cleaner than mine. The multicolored lights are still hung by the fireplace but were shut off. They only light was coming from the lamp at Harry's bedside table.

I sit up and the blanket slides off my shoulders. "Why did you bring me here?"

"What?" I see a flash of hurt and pain in his eyes but it is quickly covered by a mask of indifference.

"Why am I in your room?"

"Cause we need sleep and my room was closer. Plus I couldn't leave Gil to go to the room by himself cause he was gonna fall asleep right there in the hallway," he frowns. "What's your problem?"

"I'm fine. I don't want to bother you guys. I will head back to my room." I start to crawl over him but he grabs my thighs. I become very aware of where his long fingers brush against the bottom of my dress. A blush instantly hits my cheeks as I'm now trapped straddling him.

"What's wrong?" He grows frustrated. A small part of me hurts as he gets mad at me.

I rub my hands across my face, probably smearing my makeup, and sigh. "It's nothing."

"Fine don't talk to me but I'm not letting ya go to your room by yourself." He sits up so we are face to face.

"I will be fine. It's not like I'm going outside or anything. It's only a few hallways away." I push him to lay back down and he lays slumps back into the headboard.