Chapter 18

"Ughhhh." I reach my hand out in front of my face to block the golden sunlight cutting through my blinds. 

I hears Ben's voice in my head telling me that a princess should not sleep in, but it is so warm and comfy in my bed. I roll over to get away from the light and bury my face into my pillow. The pillow wraps its arm around my waist and tugs me closer. 

"Good mornin' love." It purrs in my ear.

"What? Gahhhh!" I fling myself off the bed to get away from the stranger in my bed and land on my tailbone.  "Owwwwww."

Harry peers down at me with amused eyes. "If I knew you were going to react like that, then I would have done it earlier so Gil could've seen it."

Everything from last night floods back to me as I look over at the empty desk chair. "Wait where is he?"

He throws his arms behind his head and sprawls out. "He left early to change clothes and grab some breakfast."

"And you didn't join him?" I stand up and rub the sore spot on my butt. 

"Why would I when I would have missed all of this?" He gestures at me. 

I look in the mirror with my hand on my butt. My makeup has worn off and the mascara has left raccoon marks under my eyes. My hair is a mess but two of the braids Harry had made were still standing strong. 

"I look like a mess." I laugh at myself.

"A beautiful mess." 

I roll my eyes and look over at him watching me. His Cheshire grin fades into a soft smile. Warmth fills me inside because I know that he honestly believes that I am beautiful. 

Grinning like an idiot, I run over and leap on top of him.

"Oof!" My elbow accidentally lands on his gut. However, he still tries to catch me.

"Sorry." I giggle. 

"I didn't feel a thing," he says with a straight face.

"You didn't?" I poke at his side, and he tries to hide that he is dodging away from me. 

"No," he growls at my attempts to tickle him.

"Then I can keep doing it, if you don't feel anything." I wriggle my fingers into his sides and he lets out an unmanly yelp. 

"You don't want to do this," he rumbles.

"Do what?" I play innocent. 

"You asked for it!" He rolls on top of me. I squeal as his hands unforgivably find my sides. 

"Stop! Stop!" I cry out between gasps for air. A few tears roll down my cheeks as I laugh.

His face is a few inches above mine as he scoffs. "You did not give me pity."

"I'm sorry!" I laugh as another round of tickles ensues. He stops after a few more seconds of torture and rolls off so I can catch my breath. 

"Are you done?" He gives me a look and I nod. 

He stands up and stretches. I take my opportunity and leap onto his back. 

"I lied!" I cry as I latch my arms around his shoulders. Instead of stumbling like I thought he would, he adjusts my grip so I won't fall. He wraps his hands around my thighs and holds me in place. 

"You never give up, do ya?" He turns his face so he can peer at me.

"Nope." I press a kiss against his temple.

"Good. Hold onto that quality because it might be useful one day." He carries me over to the bathroom and sets me onto the cold tiles.

"What do you mean?" I ask.