Chapter 6

It takes three whole days to go through all of the applications. I never find Harry Hook's to my dismay. I did, however, request Chip as my guard, and it is confirmed. Ben asks for one of the best in the class other than Chip. We found out that it is a child of Mulan's friend. Yao I believe. All the recruits should be arriving today from training to jump right into their first jobs.

"What should I wear Evie?" I hold up a couple of outfits. She is sprawled across my bed watching me.

"The first one," she rolls over onto her stomach. "Christopher will like it."

"Why would I care what Chip thinks? And how do you always know what I am thinking," I roll my eyes, but a blush creeps its way onto my face. She chose the off the shoulder white top and dark, worn out jeans.

"It's not hard to know. You're emotions are always written across your face. I have never met the guy, but the way you talk about him makes him sound special," she winks at me. "You should flirt with him a little when he arrives."

"Evie no! He's just a childhood friend! Even if I wanted to, flirting is not really one of my specialties."

She jumps off the bed. "You're in luck, because it sure is mine."

"I don't know about this," I set the clothes down.

"It's not that hard. Now listen and watch," Evie flounces around for a second before her face becomes serious. "When you talk to him, give him your undivided attention. As he talks bat your eyes and pout a little."

Evie blinks and gives me a sultry look. "Now you try."

"Um okay," I stand up a little taller. I try to copy her but it feels extremely uncomfortable.

"Well..." Evie giggles. "It's not horrible, but you look like a puffer fish."

"Ughhhhh," I slump into my desk chair. "I'm hopeless."

"No you aren't. Like you said, you have never done this before. Just relax when you do try to flirt with him. Don't think too hard on it," she tries to make me feel better.

"Yeah. I should probably get dressed before they get here," I grab the outfit and dejectedly walk over to my bathroom. "Are you going to join Ben and I in meeting all the new guards?"

"No. Doug wanted to take me out on a date," Evie grins. Opposites really do attract because their relationship is amazing.

"Oh well have fun," I start to close the door.

"We will. And remember y/n, loosen up," she walks towards the other door.

"I'll try," I promise. Once I finish up getting ready, Evie has left.

Ben meets me down in the foyer of the school entrance. A few people stand around waiting for their friends or family too.

"Hey! Just in time. The cars have already pulled up," Ben greets me.

As he says that, men and women start pouring into the school. A gruff looking girl walks up to us. A scar runs across her cheek from her mouth to her ear, and her long black hair is pulled up into a neat bun.

"King Ben pleased to meet you. I am Mei," she raises her hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Princess Mei," Ben shakes it.

"Princess?" I ask.

"Not really. My mother, Mei, is the middle daughter to the Emperor to China. My cousins from Aunt Ting Ting's side are really the ones that hold that title. I am far down a long long line for the throne. I honestly take after my father's side more," Mei explains.