Chapter 15

The music thumps deep into my bones. The lights make me dizzy as Harry carries me to the dance floor. My breath quickens as everyone stares at us. I shrink into his strong arms.

"Nooooo," I groan.

"Stop that," he says over the music.

Prying my fingers off of his jacket, he gently sets me down in the middle of the tornado. People jostle me as they dance. I instantly feel suffocated.

"I really can't dance. This won't end well," I warn him.

"I will teach you." His smile is blinding in the dark space.

"Try as hard as you like. It won't work."

"You need to loosen up a little bit," he grabs my shoulders and shakes me. "Sometimes you are so stuck in your head that it causes you to over think everything. Dancing does not have to be perfect. It's just for fun. Let me take control for a little bit."

"Harry this won't work. I'm going to make a fool of myself, and then you will wish that you had chosen Rose."

His eyes flash. Anger maybe? It's gone as soon as I see it. "Do you trust me?"

I give in at the question. "Yeah. Okay."

"Brilliant." Harry grabs my hands and yanks me close to him. "Just follow me. And loosen up!"

I take a deep breath to prepare myself for the embarrassment that is about to come. I can't believe that I put myself in this position. My thoughts are whisked away, though, when he lays his hands on my waist. My tank top has risen up from him carrying me, but I have not pulled it down. I can't help but like the feeling of his fingers resting on that little bit of skin.

"Where do I put my hands?" I laugh awkwardly.

"Anywhere you want them."

Rolling my eyes, I throw my hands around his shoulders and lock my fingers firmly together in a death grip.

"Now what?"

Without answering, Harry tugs me even closer so our bodies are pressed against each other. He rocks his body to the beat of the music. His hands guide me to do the same.

"This is it?" I ask.

"You said you can't dance. We are just getting started, love."

"Great," I say sarcastically.

"I want you to lose yourself in the music first before we do anything else."

Easier said than done. I think.

Somehow, my foot trips over his, and I start to fall. His grip tightens on my waist and steadies me.

"Sorry," I mumble. "I told you that this wouldn't work."

"Pay attention to the music," he replies.

Closing my eyes, I try to listen to the lyrics for the first time. I haven't heard this song in awhile but remember the lyrics. As my memories dredge themselves up, I mouth the words. Pretty soon, my head bops along to it. Harry's melodic voice pulls me out of my focus.

He beautifully sings the song right into my ear. It sends goosebumps up my arms and legs. I join him. We blend together in body and music.

The last of the song fade away sooner than I would like. The silence is filled with another upbeat tune.

"I don't know this one," I say to Harry.

"That's okay. Time for step two: actual dance moves."

"Last chance for you to run," I joke.