Making up

Each time a class ended Tony's stomach twisted more and more. He could hardly function by the time the final bell rang. His anxiety was higher than the tower he lived in.

"Tony, you good?" Natasha asked, bringing him out of his anxiety induce trance.

"Uh Yeah. I think so."

"Tony, it's going to be ok." Natasha smiled at him as she walked off with the others.

"So are you two a thing?" Stephen asked, making him jump.

"No Wizard. She's too wrapped up with the archer kid." He replied simply.

"Oh make sense." He shrugged, starting to walk.

"Why do you care so much?" Tony jogged to catch up.

"Dude I was just wondering. I like to know what's going on." He shrugged simply.

"So then should I explain the whole Avengers thing?" He asked hesitantly. 'Please say no-' He thought, not knowing if he could explain without having a panic attack.

"If you can handle it, sure." Stephen smiled understandably, and Tony wondered if he had anxiety too. He started to explain, cutting his story off as they got to the courtyard.

Everyone was standing in a row, Bucky and Steve in front, Clint and Pietro standing on Bucky's side and Wanda and Sam on Steve's.

"You look like you're preparing for a war." Tony quipped.

"We don't know if you're going to attack or what. Especially with flashy over there." Steve looked at Stephen, who had two yellow patters in front of his hands like he was about to attack.

"Hey, wizard, cut it out." Tony said.

"They hurt you Tony." Stephen protested, but dropped his hands.

"What is he? Your boy toy?" Bucky growled.

"Buck, we're making friends here." Steve sighed.

"Yeah I know Stevie." He frowned.

"definitely gay." Tony mumbled to himself. "Alright What do you want?" He said, stepping forward.

"Listen Tony, I'm sorry for everything we did, I just miss the Avengers and I want us to be a group again." He said.

"Fine, Thank you for apologizing. But you can't expect me to trust you."

"I know I can't." They shook hands and they group sat back down, all of them starting to talk again.

Nat and Clint were talking again like normal, Tony talking to Steve occasionally but mostly talking to Stephen.

"So Stephen, What are you exactly?" Steve asked.

"I study the mystic arts." He said, doing the boom boom whoosh thing from earlier.

"Cool." Wanda said, making her own red magic.

"Ooo who would win?" Pietro asked playfully, knowing it was his sister.

"I say Stephen."

"You're crazy Tony." He rolled his eyes.

"Fine, then let them spar." Tony challenged with a grin.

"Tony I don't-"

"I'm not afraid to be beat by a girl." Stephen stood up with a handsome grin on his face.

"Alright then." Wanda smiled at him, standing opposite of the Wizard. Tony watched them fight, neither really trying to hurt the other. He couldn't help but study Stephen as he fought. The boy was quite good at it, he seemed to be dancing with Wanda as they shot different blasts at each other. Although Wanda won the battle, she was still impressed with the mans fighting skills.

"Well now that the Avengers are back together, I guess we should all go home." Steve said, standing up.

"Yep, bye guys!" Tony started to walk off, slightly surprised when Stephen walked next to him.

"We have a science project, remember?"

"Oh yeah- well see the problem is-" He stammered. 'Do I tell Stephen about my dad situation? Or do I just sneak into my old lab and hope my dad doesn't catch us.' He thought rapidly. His chest seemed to clench 'no not again-' he was hyperventilating, and then his legs gave out, Stephen catching him and lowering him to the grass.

"Hey, hey Tony look at me, you're ok." Tony shrunk into Stephen, shaking as he tried to speak.

"No- my dad- he- he- can't breathe." He panted, his mind clouded with rapid thoughts.

"Tony, look at me. Take a slow breath." Tony looked at him and did as he was told, feeling the panic melting slightly. "There you go, breathe." Stephens soothing voice made Tony stop panicking, he looked up.

"We can't go to my house." He said softly, his voice hoarse. 'Great, I just had a breakdown in front of the new kid.' He thought.

"That's ok Tony, we can go to mine. It may not be as nice." He said, smiling. That smile, Tony just about melted. 'Damn you Wizard.' He thought. He nodded lightly as Stephen helped him to his feet. They smiled at each other before continuing to walk. "You still ok Tony?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ok now thanks." He said softly. 'Am I though?' He wondered silently as they came up to Stephens house. He held the door open for Tony as he walked in. "This is nice." He said, smiling at Stephen.

"Probably not as nice as yours but not bad." He shrugged. "Uh why don't you get some snacks while I get our stuff out." Stephen suggested. Tony nodded and walked into the kitchen, starting to look for anything they would want to eat. He came back with some chips and salsa, sitting down.

"Alright so- where were we?" He asked as he sat down. They started to work, spending all night working and joking with each other. They hadn't realized what time it was until it was the next morning and Tony's phone was ringing.

-Steeb has created a group chat-

Tony scanned through the texts.

Tin can: Hey guys.

Red Riding Hood: Hey Tony, nice name.

Tin can: Yeah, it's something me and Rhodey made, What's with yours?

Red Riding Hood: Steve made it.

Sneaky snake: Hey look Tony finally showed up, how was 'studying'

Tin can: Uh, Stephen and I were doing a project, so shut it Lokes.

Sneaky snake: Mhm sure

Disaster pop tart : hey brother leave our dear friend alone.

Tin can: thank you Thor.

Steeb: hey Tony

Tin can: Hi Steeb

Steeb: you coming to school early?

Tin can: let me ask Stephen.

He turned off his phone and looked over at Stephen. "Hey want to go to school early?"

"Why? Your friends are already there?" He assumed, Tony nodding. "Sure." They started to get their stuff together, walking to school side by side.