The Kid They Called Captian

Tony dragged himself onto the bus for another long day of school. He sat next to Natasha, silently going on his phone.

"No hello? No 'morning Nat!'" Natasha looked over. "What's wrong?"

"Sorry, I just didn't sleep well last night, just tired that's all."

"Ok fine, I'll let it slide this time." Natasha teased. Tony rolled his eyes, half heartedly slapping her arm, Nat slapping him back, not very hard.

"I feel like something is gonna happen today, don't know what though."

"Guess we'll see." Natasha shrugged, both of them standing and walking off the bus. Lo and behold, when they walked inside the school, there was a circle of students next to some lockers. They made their way over, everyone making room for Natasha as Tony silently followed behind.

"Are you seriously telling me that I'm a bitch for not wanting to date someone who just slapped my ass in the middle of the hall?" A tall girl with medium blonde hair stood across from a boy, her eyes filled with anger. She had ripped jeans on, a simple t-shirt and a flannel wrapped around her waist, but most of the kids in the school new her as Carol Danvers, or Captain. No ones sure where the name came from, but at one point, the school started calling her captain. Carol is a total badass from what Tony knows, and gets away with doing justice to guys that mistreat girls because she's practically Fury's kid. He watched the exchange, wondering how many times the boy was dropped as a baby to pick a fight with her.

"It's a compliment, what do you girls not want them anymore?" The boy replied with a cocky tone. Tony flinched as Carol punched the kid in the jaw, before pushing through the crowd and walking off. A few kids chanted 'Captain!' As she walked off, but Tony could barely hear them as he was dragged away by Natasha. They caught up to the girl, Natasha sliding in front of Carol.

"Hi." She panted slightly from running.

"Hello. You're Natasha Romanoff right? Like the badass that fought that group of bullies last year?" Tony watched the interaction, seeing Natasha's eyes light up at the fact that Carol knew her.

"Yeah! I uh, I came over to ask if you wanted to sit with us at lunch today." Tony had never seen Natasha stutter before, it took him by complete surprise.

"Of course! See you later Natasha." She walked off, not even seeing Tony. Tony looked over at Natasha, about to ask her about the stuttering but was interrupted by a voice in his earpiece.

"Avengers, assemble." Steve spoke into it. Tony presses the earpiece, simply replying with 'Yep.' As he nodded to Nat and took off down the hall. It was go time. Tony slid around the corner, seeing Rumlow standing there talking to a few other kids. He straightened his shirt and walked up to the boy, tapping his shoulder.

"So I- what?" Rumlow turned around.

"Principal Fury wants you in the office." He said simply, before walking around the corner. He watched as Rumlow sighed loudly and walked off to the office. "Target is distracted, go." He said into the earpiece, heading off to class silently. He slid into his seat next to Stephen, Clint sitting two seats away. It was a minute or so later when Natasha and Steve came in, both of them filling in the seats.

"Mission complete." Natasha mumbled before going to work. Tony grinned silently, turning to his paper and starting to work on a blueprint instead of his actual work.

"Tony, do you ever actually do the work?" He heard his boyfriend ask.

"Not really, not unless I'm bored." He shrugged, glancing at Stephen with a small smirk before going back to his blueprints.

The rest of the class was uneventful, the group moving to science, where they were working on deferent chemical compounds. Tony stares at the directions, lost.

"What's wrong Stark? Cant do a little chemistry?" Stephen teased.

"Shut up Wizard, I'm better at mechanics." Tony grunted softly, rolling his eyes.

"Well then I guess I'll have to help you." Stephen scooted his chair closer, before starting to explain a bunch of chemicals and shit. Tony zoned out halfway through, his head snapping up when a hand slid around his waist.

"What are you doing?"

"You weren't paying attention." He shrugged simply, not moving his hand. Tony tried not to blush, although he felt his face betraying him. He turned to try and work, but lifted his head in confusion when the bell rang. 'How long was I zoned out?' He wondered as they walked to lunch. They all sat down, having to push another table over to make room for everyone.

"Ok no more members, considering if we get two more one person will have to sit alone at the third table." Tony said jokingly as he sat down.

"Well I guess I'll turn off my friend applications then. A bunch of people will be disappointed." Clint joked back, sitting next to Natasha and Pietro. Tony pulled his lunch closer to himself, opening the small bag. He looked over as a familiar blonde slid into the seat next to Natasha.

"I hope the invitation is still open." Carol smiled at them.

"Yes of course." Natasha smiled back. Tony noticed a sort of dreamy look in her eye. He knew the look because he's seen it in his own. He smiled softly to himself and decided to confront her later.

"Hello Captain." Steve nodded his head to her.

"Oh don't call me that." She rolled her eyes. "Carol. Or Vers, I'd prefer Carol." She said simply.

"Well, welcome to the Avengers I suppose." Clint shrugged. Tony nodded briefly to her and started to eat, mostly listening as they started talking. He noticed Bruce doing the same thing, remembering the 'wallflower' comment. He finally spoke up, starting to talk to Carol.

"So what's so special about you, no offense, the way you punched that guy this morning- was like- really- ok I'm gonna stop talking now." Tony stumbled on his words, honestly scared of her.

Carol laughed lightly. "I'll demonstrate my powers later, I'll destroy something if I do it here. What's your next class?"

"Theater." Bucky responded with a unenthusiastic grunt. Steve rolled his eyes at his boyfriend and mumbled something Tony figures to be 'you'll be fine.'

"Fun, guess we're in the same classes, I wish I had met you guys before." Carol smiled again as the bell rang.