Saying goodbye

Tony had slept about a hour last night. He was laying on his bed and just staring up at the ceiling silently. When his alarm went off at 8, he stood up, silently starting to take his boxes to the plane. When his stuff was in, he turned and left, going to Central Park where she saw Natasha and Clint laying on benches. "Hey guys-" He rasped out. His throat was dry and he hadn't spoke since his dad.

"Tony you sound awful. Hydrate." Natasha chucked a water bottle at him, which he caught and happily started to drink. They sat there quietly until everyone arrived, Steve carrying a box. He gave a weak smile to his friends, reluctantly reaching out as Steve handed him the box.

"It's from all of us." He lifted the lid, it falling open to reveal photos all around the outside of the box, in the middle was a keychain with a symbols for each of their superheroes on it. He gazed at it, before around at his friends, the people he was abandoning.

"Thank you." He blinked back tears, smiling at them. He watched as they all held up a keychain with a small version of the Ironman helmet on it, along with the symbol they had created for the avengers.

"Well, the avengers will always be together." Tony nodded, grunting slightly as everyone crushed around him for s group hug. They stood into the group for a long time, before they finally broke away.

"Well, since this is our last few hours together, I say, tag-" Steve tapped Thor, before sprinting off like a child. The group erupted in chaos, everyone shooting off in different directions. Tony hid behind a tree, knowing he couldn't outrun everyone. He avoided everyone, no one even realizing he was missing until Natasha spotted him and yelled.

"Tony hasn't been it yet!"

"Shit!" Tony took off running, the group sprinting behind him. He got knocked down, Everyone piling on top of him. "I hate you guys."

"Love you too Tony." He glared fondly at his friends. They all got up, Tony looking down at his watch.

"I Uh- have to go." He frowned, feeling the urge to cry make its way back into his mind. Natasha nodded.

"We're coming with you." He was hesitant, but nodded and started to walk off with his friends. They walked silently, Tony was holding hands with Stephen. They got up to the tower, Tony moving his hand in fear of his dad. He looked back at them.

"I just wanted to say thank you again for these past two months. When I thought I didn't have a family, you guys gave me one. I will forever owe you for everything you guys have done for me, and I really don't want to say goodbye."

"Tony, its not goodbye, it's see you later." Rhodey stepped forward, crushing his friend in a hug. Everyone was crying, although they all ignored the tears on their cheeks.

"See you later then." Tony turned around, walking into the tower. He walked to the elevator, composing himself as he sat there waiting. He stepped out, seeing the empty upstairs. He shook his head to clear it, before walking to the plane. He boarded, silently watching his dad get into the seat next to him. He turned and looked out the window, letting tears fall as he spotted his friends down below.

He watched their faces as they yelled things up to him, waving. Some were crying, yes, Stephen looked upset, but in the current moment, all that matter was making Tony feel better. He waved back, blowing kisses with a small smile on his face.

As the people below him disappeared, he let his mind wander, and his tears roll down his cheeks. 'God I'm gonna miss them.' He thought silently.

He looked out the window, imagining his friends standing down there. He looked at his phone as it went off, another small smile spreading over his face as his friends sent photos of the plane to him. He let a tear drop onto his phone and put it away.

Tony May be facing a new school and town, but he won't be doing it alone

~sorry for the short chapter~