Refugee

-Tony's POV-

His feet crunches in the snow, it was dark, the sun barely poking into the sky. He had left at about 3 am, it was around 3:30 and he was still pretty far away. Natasha's house was almost on the opposite side of the city from Stephen, but Tony was determined. He was going to walk into Stephens house, push him against a wall, and tell him everything, then hopefully make out with him. As he got closer however, his nerves took over. 'What if he thinks I want to be with Steve? What if he doesn't love me anymore?' He panicked slightly. He thought back to what Loki had said, and that pushed him to keep going. He was sure they knew he had left by now, but he didn't plan on going back. Although they had school the next day. The thought of hiding out with Stephen all day made him happy, but his doubts sent his emotions back to a dull sense of confusion. As he finally saw the house he was trying to get to, he was shivering, and regretted leaving his jacket back at the house. His need for warmth took over his fear as he walked up to the porch and knocked. A bit of shuffling and conversation could be heard before a familiar, handsome face was shown.

"Tony?" Tony avoided his eyes. He didn't know how the boy felt about him, and that made him nervous.

"Hey Stephen." He said softly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'll explain but, can we get inside?" He shivered.

"Yes, idiot why didn't you bring a jacket." Stephen let him come in. His plan was ruined as he saw a rather large family sitting in the living room. "Oh, guess I have to introduce you to my family." Tony fiddled with the fabric of his shirt, slowly trailing behind Stephen.

"Who was at the door- oh, hello." A woman, who seemed to be Stephens mother looked over and spotted him.

"Everyone this is my..." Stephen hesitated for a moment, "friend, Tony Stark." Tony flashed a fake smile at them, not being able to overcome his nerves.

"Nice to meet you Tony."

"You too." Stephen waved for Tony to follow, and he gladly left the gaze of the family. He made his way to Stephens room, seeing the boy already sitting on the bed.

"So what's going on?" Stephen asked, moving so he could sit next to him. Tony started to explain, all up to where he jumped out the window and walked for 45 minutes. "That's- Great." Stephen had his hands clenched in fists, Tony barely noticed it, but it was there. He couldn't tell why he was so upset, considering Steve didn't do anything wrong.

"You ok?"

"Yeah. You need somewhere to sleep?"

"Oh yeah, thanks, by the way." He stood up as Stephen got a sleeping bag and laid it on the floor. He laid down on the floor, wrapping himself in the sleeping bag.

"No problem. Good night Tony." Stephen crawled into his bed.

"Good night." Tony sighed softly, closing his eyes and attempting to fall asleep again.

It took a while for sleep to come over him, but it did. He woke up at around 1 pm, Stephen missing from his bed. He got up, trying to smooth out his clothes and stuff. He walked out, seeing Stephen sitting at the bar with some of his family.

"Look who's finally awake." The sorcerer teased as he walked over.

"Yeah shut up." He took a plate, eating. The family was looking at him differently, as if Stephen told them something while he was asleep.

"You can stay here today if you'd like." He offered. Tony smiled in thanks, sitting down in a open seat.

"Thank you." He looked down at his phone, turning it on as he had around 23 missed calls from Natasha. He sighed softly, "I'll be right back." He walked into the hallway, calling Nat.

"Tony? Where are you?" Natasha sounded panicked.

"I'm ok, I'm at home. I just need to be alone right now." He didn't want her to come look for him at Stephens house, so he lied.

"Ok. Don't scare me like that Tony. Also, Steve thinks you hate him so." Tony panicked slightly, how does someone respond to that?

"I Uh- Don't." He responded with slightly question in his voice.

"Good, I'm sure your tone of voice is very reassuring. You're on speaker, by the way."

"Oh- h-hey Guys." He heard a chorus of angry responses, things along the line of 'don't sneak off like that!' And 'you scared me!' He made eye contact with Stephen, who looked confused. "I have to go, see you guys tomorrow." He hung up, sliding his phone in his pocket and walking over.

"Was that them?" He asked

"Yeah, they thought I got kidnapped or something." He shrugged. He swore he heard Stephen mutter 'I wouldn't let that happen' but he could have been making it up.

"So do you just want to stay here or go out, warning, if we stay here, the chance of you getting cornered by my family is pretty high." Stephen chuckled lightly.

"Ok yeah let's go out." Tony took on of Stephen's sweatshirts, it hung loosely on his shoulders.

"You look comfy."

"I am comfy."

"That's my favorite sweatshirt, ruin it and I'll send you to the mirror dimension for the rest of the year." Tony threw his hands up in defeat. He snuggled into the large piece of clothing, smiling softly at the smell of Stephen's cologne.

"Ok let's go."

They returned late, and Tony took a seat on the couch as Stephen went to shower.

"So, the boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" Tony seemed confused.

"Yes, He said that you two were dating at one point."

"Oh, yeah, we did."

"Why'd you break up? He speaks highly of you."

"I was going to move away." He processed the words. "Wait- he talks about me?" His mom couldn't answer the question before Stephen came out, shorts on but no shirt. He was stunned for a moment, but shook himself off.

"Ready for bed? If you are staying the night of course." Tony nodded lightly and got up, following him to his room. They settled down again, sleep taking over Tony rather quickly.