.....Should remain hidden

-Tony's POV-

"I used to like Tony and I might still like him-" the cheers had died in the background, it was 12:01 when Tony felt like his world was warped. His stomach dropped and his heart started racing. 'He- He What?' Tony tried not to panic, taking slow breaths. He noticed almost everyone's eyes on Steve, but Loki was staring directly into Tony's soul. He silently left the room, mind racing. He made his way to a random room, it seemed to be the guest room. Quietly, he sat down in front of the window, resting his arms on the windowsill and laying his head on them, his back to the door.

Tony stayed like that for awhile, pondering his feeling and what just happened. His head was foggy and his heart wasn't helping with decisions at all. 'I still love Stephen, don't I? Steve's with Bucky.' He told himself, but he wasn't convincing enough. Slowly, he started mumbling to himself, a quiet conversation as he thought no one was in the room. Turns out, Loki stood in the doorway, watching Tony quietly, noticing his shallow breathing and tense posture. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, looking up to see Loki.

"You seem troubled An- Tony." Loki sat down next to him, flashing a small smile.

"Yeah- Just- a lot going through my head." He admitted, since they were being truthful this New Years.

"You have a mess in your mind, you need to untangle it." Tony nodded at the gods words, he wanted to untangle it, but how?

"How?" He voiced quietly, making eye contact with Loki.

"That I'm not sure of, but, Tony, I am willing to help you." Tony looked at Loki with a surprised and confused face.

"You? want to help me?"

"Well- Yes. I consider us, friends." He saw the genuine look in the gods eyes and smiled lightly.

"Thank you."

"Anytime Stark." Loki shifted to get comfortable, crossing his awfully long legs and looking at Tony again.

"I just- I love Stephen, I really do, and Steve is with Bucky, but, Stephen and I aren't dating, I don't know if we will again." Tony sighed, making eye contact with him. He found small comfort in the gods even, yet gentle gaze.

"I'm not sure I can say I understand, I have not fallen in love before, but, I can say this Tony, give yourself some time to breath, and when you're ready, your heart will tell you what to do." Loki pushes himself to his feet, shaking out his legs slightly. Tony nodded, looking up at him.

"Thank you Loki."

"Anytime, Tony." Loki flashes him another smile and left, leaving Tony in the quiet room with his thoughts. He wondered what the others were doing. He glanced at his watch, seeing the numbers flash 12:50. A light sigh came from his lips, a sudden wave of tiredness washing over him. Of course, he wasn't about to leave, so he simply settled his head on his hands, still gazing out the window, and let himself drift off. Hey, he's fallen asleep in stranger places.

-Natasha's POV-

Honestly to put it gently, it was chaos. She hadn't seen Tony in a hour, Steve hadn't lifted his head from his trained gaze on the carpet, Loki had disappeared, Bruce and Thor were god knows where, and Clint was sitting in her rafters like nothing was happening. She was right in the middle of it. Natasha was yet to go check on Tony, as she knew he probably wanted to be alone, so quietly, she made her way over to where Steve was sitting. As quiet as possible, she sat, trying not to scare him.

"Steve." She spoke lightly, not seeing the supersolder move.

"Yes, Natasha?" Still He didn't look at her, she understood.

"Are you ok?"

"Do I look ok?"

"Alright, bad question."

"Did you see him Nat? He looked terrified!" Steve buried his face further in his hands. "I ruined everything." He mumbled around his hands. She laid a hand on his back, looking at him with sympathetic eyes.

"Hey, I know how you feel." She mad eye contact when he finally looked at her, his eyes confused. "Before I knew I was lesbian, I had a crush on Clint, I didn't know he was gay, and I swore he was going to run away and never come back when I told him. But you know what? He stayed, and I know Tony will too."

"Really? Thanks Nat." Steve looked slightly relieved.

"Get some rest, I know you need it." She stood up, watching the soldier roll his eyes, mumble 'ok mom' and lay down. She chuckled lightly, making her way over to where Clint was now sitting on the counter, drinking coffee. "Hey Hawkeye." The superhero name had stuck, along with all the other ones, the play was completely ready and at this point they could have been real superheroes. "You doing ok?"

"Just trying to stay out of drama. Missing Pietro, but." Nat climbs up on the counter, putting a arm around him.

"Yeah, I miss Carol, but we'll get to see them at school tomorrow." She smiled reassuringly, laying her head on him.

"Yeah. This group is a mess isn't it." Clint chuckled lightly, Natasha starting to laugh too.

"Yeah we are. But we'll figure it out."

"You should probably go check on Tony, I haven't seen him in 3 hours." She nodded lightly, sliding off the counter and messing with her arrow necklace lightly.

"Alright, I'll be back." She smiled at him, leaving the kitchen and walking down the hall. She tried to figure out where he went, also thinking about what she would say when she found him. She saw the guest room door open, assuming he went in there since it was always closed. She walked in, looking around the room. No Tony, but his jacket discarded on the floor next to the window, which was open. She peered out it, seeing footprints in the snow.

Tony was gone.