Leaving?

"Go ahead Tony." Natasha spoke after the group had gotten serious and quiet.

"So uh, we move a lot." He began, wiping at his eyes. He stood up, the others mirroring him. "But we've been here for the longest I've ever stayed in a place." He looked down at his feet. "But yesterday, my dad told me that-" he choked back a sob, time slowing down as all he could watch was the worried faces of his friends. "We're moving again, to California." He felt his heart break all over again. A tear rolled down his cheek as he watched the worried looks shift into sadness and disappointment, not for him, but for the situation. He watched with blurry eyes as Stephen turned around and walked out of the room. "I-"

"Tony, go, well be ok." Steve offered his friend a sad smile, Tony running out of the room after Stephen. He saw him leaning against the wall, tears in his eyes.

"Stephen-"

"Tony don't. Just don't. I know you can't help it, I know it's not your fault, but I can't imagine being away from you." Tony walked closer, reaching out for his hand but simply dropping his arm back by his side, assuming he didn't even want to touch him.

"I can't either- but we can try long distance."

"You know that won't last long Tony, it never does, you can only be away from a person so long before just listening to them talk and seeing them through a screen isn't enough." He met eyes with his boyfriend.

"I know but- I just-" he wiped at his tears. "I don't want to leave you."

"I don't want to leave you either." Tony was pulled against Stephens chest, he stumbled for a moment, before crashing his lips on Stephens. They kissed for a long while, before Stephen pulled away, resting his forehead on Tony's. Tony was crying again, able to see the pain in his boyfriends eyes. He felt a slightly shaky hand carefully wipe the tears from his cheeks, and he just cried more. 'I'm leaving him, I really am, this is real life.' He pushed away from him, walking back into the living room. His friends were sitting on the couches silently, all just staring at the floor.

"This is all my fault."

"Tony, you can't blame yourself, you can't control what your dad does." He knew Steve spoke the truth, but he couldn't bring himself to believe it.

"No- if I wasn't such a nuisance-"

"Tony. You self hating little shit- if you speak negatively about yourself one more time I will personally slap you until you know this isn't your fault." Natasha growled. He flinched at her tone, but nodded.

"I'm moving to California tomorrow." He sighed softly, seeing Stephen leaning against the doorway.

"Well, then we give you the best goodbye you could ever get from friends." Steve stood up, walking over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Tony, were gonna miss you, but none of us can stop this, so go home, pack, and we'll say goodbye tomorrow." Tony hugged him, before nodding. He wiped at his tears one more time, grabbing his bag and heading out the door. He heard a second pair of footsteps come up beside him, looking over and seeing Stephen.

"I wanted to walk home with you, since it might be our last time doing so." Tony nodded lightly, sniffing. He felt a arm around his hunched and shaking shoulders, pressing into the touch. They walked up to Stephens house, both of them slowly making their way up the driveway. Tony held the door open, before following him in. As the door shut, his back was pressed up against it. "Thought I should press you up against a wall once." Tony's sadness was momentarily replaced by intimidation, which was replaced with his signature stark smirk. They kissed again, it lasting longer than at Nats house, when they broke away, Tony sighed. He forced a smile, walking back out the door. Tony felt cold, empty, as he walked down the sidewalk to his house. He entered, walking upstairs where his dad was waiting in the living room.

"Anthony Edward Stark, where have you been?"

"I was telling my friends what was going on-" he admitted. Burning spread across his face as a hand connected with his cheek. He winced.

"Your weak son. Go pack, now." Tony turned, walking off. When he reached his room, he pressed a hand to his cheek, starting to cry again. The tears burned on the injury. He started to carelessly throw things into boxes, his eyesight blurred and his head pounding. This is why he didn't want to go to school. This is why he didn't want to move. Because he meets people, he makes friends, and then he disappoints them, every time. He threw something at the wall, leaving a dent in it as he collapsed on his bed, shoving his head in his hands as he sobbed.

A disappointment.

That's all he'll ever be.

His migraine got worse as the flow of tears increased. He went numb, everything stopped hurting, he stopped feeling. He was still crying, tears still rolling down his face, but he couldn't bring himself to be sad. He had grieved so much he just- stopped feeling. He finished packing, going on his phone and scrolling through all of the photos and videos of the gang. He sighed, not even having the energy to smile at some of his favorites. He laid on his bed, tugging blankets over him and burying himself. He still felt cold, empty, and sad, but there was nothing he could do, so he simply escaped reality. He couldn't sleep at first, his mind pounding and his thoughts racing, but soon, exhaustion pulled him into a restless sleep.