Training and Bro talk

Tony wasn't paying attention for most of the teachers endless rant. He was staring down at a small motherboard as he tried to carefully connect the wires. He shocked himself, gaining the attention of Steve.

"Tony What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just trying to make a motherboard for a project I'm working on."

"Well maybe you should pay attention because the teacher is about to give us partners."

"Rogers! Stark! Are we paying attention?"

"Yes, Sorry." Steve was quick to apologize, Tony rolling his eyes and muttering a 'yes.'

"Good, time for partners." The teacher swept his gaze around, starting to pair everyone up. Soon he got to their group. "Steve and James, Natasha and Clint, The Twins, Sam and James, Vision and Loki, and finally, Tony and Stephen."

"Actually I go by Bucky."

"And I go by Rhodey."

"Noted, now get out there." They all got up. Tony looked over at Stephen.

"I'll go easy on you." Stephen teased, breaking the ice between them.

"You'll have to try really hard if you want a chance at beating me."

"Oh by the way- no power sparring!" The teacher yelled.

"Oh great." Stephen sighed, looking down at his hands.

"Can't punch? Well guess I'll have to go easy on you." Tony joked, lightly patting his shoulders and walking to one side of the mat.

"Oh your going down Tony." Stephen smiled at him, standing square to him on the opposite side. 'Alright Tony, all you have to do is beat his ass and then you can impress him.' He told himself. They started to fight, both throwing punches and kicking. It was pretty even ground, although Tony definitely felt more punches missing then landing. He growled, grabbing Stephens arm and twisting it, grinning at him.

"Give up?"

"Not on your life!" Stephen kicked him in the gut, sending Tony falling back. He bounced back up 'Alright, let's go then' he advanced again as the fight continued. He felt like he had the upper hand until he was flat on the floor, Stephen straddling him. "One.... two.... three... I win!" Stephen chuckled lightly, smiling at Tony. He willed for his cheeks not to be red in the current moment.

"Yeah ok, but I would have won if I could have used my new trick." He protested.

"Mhm sure." Stephen got off of him, pulling him to his feet as they went over to the bleachers. He noticed that their hands never disconnected as they walked, but didn't really care, considering he liked how Stephens hand fit in his. They sat down, Tony turning his attention to Natasha and Clint.

They were fighting like they defiantly had done this before, Tony didn't doubt it. Nat was winning by a land slide but Clint still had determination on his face as they moved around the mat. He could see their mouths move, so somehow they were having a conversation while fighting. It was quite interesting how graceful they were, but he was slightly shocked when Nat pulled a Gun and pressed it to his chest.

"Ok you got me!" Clint threw his arms up, laughing and walking over to them, followed by Nat.

"Nice fight guys." Stephen hummed.

"Yeah, quite interesting." Tony looked away again.

————————

Tony Laid sprawled out on the floor. Rhodey had gone shopping and left him alone in the house. He sighed and picked up his phone, opening a groupchat.

Tin can: gays, assemble.

Stove: really Tony?

Tin can: yes, I want to hangout with my gay friends.

Sonic: I can't, sorry Tony.

Disaster pop tart: Me and Bruce are working on something, sorry.

Stove: I'm good to hangout.

hArmless: Same

Katniss: see you in 15

Tony turned off his phone with a small smile, getting up and going to make himself somewhat presentable. He hustled down the stairs as the doorbell rang. He opened it, Clint smiled.

"Hey Tony, Whatcha need?" Tony steppes to the side to let the three boys in, all of the making their way to the couch. They sat down, turning on Mario cart. They started playing.

"So Tony why did you invite us here?" Steve asked halfway through a round.

"Oh uh I wanted some advice, and since you all are taken.."

"You want to ask our Stephen?" Clint assumed.

"How'd you know?" Tony panicked, swerving off the map, Clint laughing.

"Natasha tells me things." He shrugged simply.

"Wait- you like Stephen?" Bucky looked over, somehow still playing.

"Yeah, I just, don't know how to ask him out." He sighed. He watched Steve pause the game and turn to him.

"Listen man, you just have to go for it."

"Shut up bottom," Bucky interrupted, "just find a quiet moment and ask him, you have to man up though."

"Bucky that's literally what I was going to say."

"Bottoms don't get to give relationship advice." Clint teased, him and Steve bickering.

"Alright, I guess." Tony sighed softly as they went back to the game. They hung around a bit longer, talking about their boyfriends/crushes and other random stuff.

"See you tomorrow Tony!" They waved as they walked out the door. Tony turned and walked to the window, resting his head on his hands.

"Heyyyy Stephen, maybe you and I should- Nope, no no." He cleared his throat, "Stephen, I was thinking that maybe- no! I need to be more confident." Tony paced around the room for the next hour, trying to figure out a way to string together words that wouldn't sound completely stupid. He walked downstairs when Rhodey came home.

"Hey tones, Miss me?"

"Yeah, I've been really bored, although some of the guys came over for a little bit."

"And I missed it?" Rhodey set the grocery bags down.

"Yeah, it was really funny, Clint kept beating Steve I'm Mario Cart and Steve was soooo pissed." He chuckled lightly at the memory, starting to help Rhodey put away the groceries.